The Student Room Group

A question for the girls

My period was due last week and it hasn't come which is nothing out of the ordinary as hardly any of mine come when predicted or when they are supposed to after 28 days. HOWEVER, I have been having all the symptoms of a period for nearly a week and still nothing comes. My breasts have been hurting which normally happens but then I normally get my period a few days later. But now, it has been about 14 days and my breasts are hurting more and more and I even have stomach cramps and still nothing. Normally, my period starts on the day that I get the cramps and it has been about 3 or 4 days since I got them and it hasn't started yet. Plus, I am getting more and more bloated and my abdomen is getting bigger and bigger. This is really weird. What do you think it could be and what do you think I should do?
Reply 1
Is it possible that you're pregnant?
Reply 2
bunthulhu
Is it possible that you're pregnant?

No. I am a virgin.
TAKE A TEST!

geez....your so late and that has not come across your mind at any time?
Reply 4
If you're sexually active I would say get a pregnancy test done asap, if you're not then a trip to the GP can't hurt, it could be a number if things, including stress. Always better to be safe than sorry. Good luck!!
Reply 5
If you're not sexually active, it could well be stress :smile: But if it hasn't arrived in the next couple of days, visit your doctor.
Reply 6
gossip_girl
TAKE A TEST!

geez....your so late and that has not come across your mind at any time?

I have never had sex and I don't have a boyfriends or anything so it is not possible.
Reply 7
lol. Im not anonymous anymore. Doesn't matter anyway.:smile:
Reply 8
She's a virgin guys.

I think it's prob a good idea to see your GP! I doubt it's anything to worry about but it can't hurt. :smile: As said above, it could be to do with stress though! Stress does all sorts of things to you!
Reply 9
Vicky88
She's a virgin guys.

I think it's prob a good idea to see your GP! I doubt it's anything to worry about but it can't hurt. :smile: As said above, it could be to do with stress though! Stress does all sorts of things to you!

I am not stressed, that is for sure but I'll go see my doctor. Thanks for the advice everyone. :smile:
well then its just your body changing then. dont worry it happens
never heard of the virgin Mary??? stranger things have happened
Could be a false pregnancy maybe, when your body for some reason thinks it's pregnant when it isn't... I'd see your doctor, if I were you.
I wouldn't worry, it's happened to me so many times, it's just that you've probably got an irregular cycle.

If you're really worried go to the GP

x
It's probably just an irregular period, it happens :biggrin: My period was once a month late (Virgin so no worries there :p:) I got a little worried, didn't see my GP but for the month like you said just constant stomache aches and aching breasts. I think it was down to irregular eating/exercise/sleeping all rolled up into one little painful period bundle :p: Anyway it came in the end just took a tad longer. I wouldn't worry if I were you. The biggest worry of pregnancy is abolished so now all you can do is wait and wear a pad/tampon everyday just incase :p: xxx

Latest

Trending

Trending