The Student Room Group

bocconi admission

hey
im a chilean student thinking of applying to bocconi, id really appreciate if anyone that was accepted to the uni could tell me how he did it. i mean how did you do on the SAT, what marks you got on school, what you wrote on the motivational letter and cv.

another thing id like to know is the scholarships, is there a chance i could get one?

many thanks in advance to anyone that takes the time to help a fellow student!!

Scroll to see replies

hey there ilchara,
i also intend to apply to bocconi, im from eastern europe. What programme are you willing to apply for : Econ and Fin. or econ and management ?. Also, have you passed the sat already ?
Reply 2
Original post by kalambay
hey there ilchara,
i also intend to apply to bocconi, im from eastern europe. What programme are you willing to apply for : Econ and Fin. or econ and management ?. Also, have you passed the sat already ?

yeah, i dunno what program i prefer, haha, but i like the Italian ones better.
i got 1910on the SAT, 710 reading 680 mats and 530 writing(there i ****ed up)
Original post by ilchara
yeah, i dunno what program i prefer, haha, but i like the Italian ones better.
i got 1910on the SAT, 710 reading 680 mats and 530 writing(there i ****ed up)

Nice score, you should get an offer. I know people that have managed to get accepted with ~1700
I am also looking to apply to bocconi , probs for econ and fin. 1920 on the SAT. Have been told acceptance is around the 1800 mark but sometimes lower depending on the candidate.
Original post by angrypatbateman
I am also looking to apply to bocconi , probs for econ and fin. 1920 on the SAT. Have been told acceptance is around the 1800 mark but sometimes lower depending on the candidate.

hi :smile:, i also want to apply for econ. and fin. but unfortunately i have not taken the sat yet. Where are you from and why you chose bocconi ?
hi :smile:, i also want to apply for econ. and fin. but unfortunately i have not taken the sat yet. Where are you from and why you chose bocconi ?

I recommend taking it asap, and uk. Its a great uni, highly ranked for econ and great study abroad options. I will also be applying to UK unis however I would prefer Bocconi and then possibly US or UK for postgrad

Yourself?
I recommend taking it asap, and uk. Its a great uni, highly ranked for econ and great study abroad options. I will also be applying to UK unis however I would prefer Bocconi and then possibly US or UK for postgrad

Yourself?

Im from eastern europe. Bocconi is also my first choice since it is a target institution for investment banks. I would also like to apply to some of the uni's in the uk but not all of them recognize the high school diploma from my country, so my first choice is bocconi. + as far as i know it's pretty easy to get a scholarship
Im from eastern europe. Bocconi is also my first choice since it is a target institution for investment banks. I would also like to apply to some of the uni's in the uk but not all of them recognize the high school diploma from my country, so my first choice is bocconi. + as far as i know it's pretty easy to get a scholarship

Do you know what the requirements are for a scholarship, and which scholarships are available?
Do you know what the requirements are for a scholarship, and which scholarships are available?

there are 2 types of scholarship:
1) Merit Award -for which in order to be considered you need an sat score ofr cr+math>1300 with at least 600 in each of the sections +strong academic credentials . Also for this scholarship you dont need to send any additional documents so you are automatically considered for it. If you get the scholarship you will get a full tuition waver and free acommodation.
2) Bocconi need based scholarship for international students only. For this one you'l have to send a lot of documents regrding your family's economic condition. If you are awarded you will recieve a tuition waver only.
Reply 10
i guess the CV and motivational letter affect your chances of getting accepted no?
if so, what is it you have to write, i have no idea as in chile this system does not exist. im a little lost haha.
you will surely get in .
Reply 12
Original post by Costanzas
you will surely get in .

that sounds great man! do u stdy at bocconi?
yeah Im a first year student at bocconi.have you applied to other unis though?the thing about bocconi is that even though it is considered by many to be a target school,not many students get jobs after the bachelors.this may be bad or good depending on your future plans.
Original post by ilchara
that sounds great man! do u stdy at bocconi?
Reply 14
yeah Im a first year student at bocconi.have you applied to other unis though?the thing about bocconi is that even though it is considered by many to be a target school,not many students get jobs after the bachelors.this may be bad or good depending on your future plans.

nah man, its the only international school im applying, the rest are here in chile.
but if i get addmited i plan to do a masters in england germany or the us. does that sound reasonable?
Yeah that's upto you. Bocconi is great for masters though and is easily on par with Warwick ,imperial and all the top uk schools for an msc in finance or management.if you are planning on staying in one of the uni residences,try getting into arcobaleno .a lot of Chilean students live there,so you will feel at home.if your SAT score is above 1750 you will surely get in so don't worry .getting in is not tough,getting out is .cheers :smile:
Original post by ilchara
nah man, its the only international school im applying, the rest are here in chile.
but if i get addmited i plan to do a masters in england germany or the us. does that sound reasonable?
Reply 16
Yeah that's upto you. Bocconi is great for masters though and is easily on par with Warwick ,imperial and all the top uk schools for an msc in finance or management.if you are planning on staying in one of the uni residences,try getting into arcobaleno .a lot of Chilean students live there,so you will feel at home.if your SAT score is above 1750 you will surely get in so don't worry .getting in is not tough,getting out is .cheers :smile:

man i really thank you for the info your giving me. really appreciate it. i got 1910 in the sat, do u think ill get a scholarship?
I think anyone who has a score of 1800 or more on the SAT is eligible for a scholarship.some of my friends got an academic schol.with an 1800 too so i think you have a high chance of getting one.however,that might only be for the first year and in order to maintain it for subsequent years ,you will have to score a GPA of more than 26 out of 30 but that just might depend on the conditions .there are financial aid scholarships as well which are given to you ,depending on the financial conditions of your family.you might just want to have a look at those too.the worst part about bocconi is that most of the students here are on a scholarship,even the undeserving ones :smile:.feel free to ask any questions.ciao
Original post by ilchara
man i really thank you for the info your giving me. really appreciate it. i got 1910 in the sat, do u think ill get a scholarship?
Reply 18

Yourself?

man did you apply for bocconi? im almost finished with my application , just need to finish my motivational letter. the thing is i just dont know what the hell to put in there haha, would u be kinf enough to tell me something youd put in there dude?
Original post by ilchara
man did you apply for bocconi? im almost finished with my application , just need to finish my motivational letter. the thing is i just dont know what the hell to put in there haha, would u be kinf enough to tell me something youd put in there dude?

I am in the process of applying, ya i know what you mean the application portal thing is weird. I'm not 100% sure what we are supposed to write in the motivational letter. I presume its why we want to go there, as th CV we have to submit includes academics & extra-curricular stuff. If anyone else could help with this, it would be appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending