The Student Room Group

Fashion Journalism CSM and LCF 2015 apllicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by theamazingluke1
I just got an email a few days ago from LCF explaining the next steps of the application process so not really.

Yes I got that too but a few weeks ago about a week after my application processed but nothing since... Probably won't hear anything over the Christmas period, but I'm so nervous February is coming closer!! 😥
Reply 21
Original post by blancadeorbaneja
anyone heard anything yet???

Nope :frown: fingers crossed for January ahhh
Hey guys, I am applying for Fashion Journalism as well, haven't sent my application yet probably by tomorrow? I have been struggling on my personal statement and the more I read it the more I change it! oh dear ..lol
Still waiting from LCF and CSM. Got a condition offer for LCC for just journalism !
Anyone got any news? I received an email from UAL explaining that interviews will be during the week of 23rd February and then offers for places will be made post interview. So we should hear from them soon if they select any of us for interviews?
Reply 25
Trying not to be too worried that I haven't got that email haha
hello!
I just saw that someone has been offered an interview at CSM and I just wanted to know if anyone else has because i've not received a reply nor response

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3068865
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 27
I haven't heard anything since early December thanking me for my application.. Does this mean we haven't been selected for an interview?
Reply 28
It's quite weird someone would have got an interview that early as I swear the ucas deadline hasn't been, and that's the only reason we have to wait so long for a reply! I don't think it means we've been rejected for interviews though :smile: might have to wait a lil bit longer
Reply 29
About 10x more nervous now!!
If I get rejected so early on I think I will die
Original post by lozzaxharris
hello!
I just saw that someone has been offered an interview at CSM and I just wanted to know if anyone else has because i've not received a reply nor response

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3068865

Hey, that was me haha. I'm actually applying from Malaysia and I'm going through a UAL representative in Malaysia so my application process would be different from most of yours. That's probably why I have been asked for an interview (they haven't got back to me with the date tho) and you lot haven't. xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Haha that's reassuring then I got quite worried there for a bit!
I was just on the fashion journalism page on CSM and - "Please submit a 800 words journalistic article which demonstrates an awareness of journalistic style, the appropriate use of language and grammar, an informed view point on contemporary fashion and an individual response to subject matter." Have any of you submitted this? Or do you wait until prompted?
I got an email from London Met asking me to provide an essay of 200 words regarding any recent incidents in my local area..Suitability for the course will be decided after my essay has been submitted. And I have applied for both LCF and CSM. anyone else applied for london met and got same email?
Reply 34
Hiya!

Applied for fashion journalism at csm, lcf, uca, london met and solvent southampton. Got offers for uca, southampton and london met after interviews or 200 article submission. Saint Martins is my first choice though and LCF my second so i'm freaking out!! When i went for my open day at CSM the course leader said about the article submission but i haven't been asked to submit one?! They only take on 20 people as well :frown:
Reply 35
20?! Do you know roughly how many people apply??
Reply 36
I think they must ask us when they want an article submitted! A student who goes to CSM told me on the open day that they gave her something specific to write about though so I dunnooo!! Don't even wanna think about how many people apply compared to how many get in!
Original post by jjswick
I think they must ask us when they want an article submitted! A student who goes to CSM told me on the open day that they gave her something specific to write about though so I dunnooo!! Don't even wanna think about how many people apply compared to how many get in!

I hope we receive a brief of some sort
Reply 38
Hi. I'm also applying to CSM for fashion journalism, but I applied about a week before the deadline and I haven't heard anything back. It says on the CSM website that anyone that applies before the deadline will be given equal consideration over those who applied after the deadline, so no need to panic about the date you applied (as long as it was before jan 15).

I hope to hear back from them soon - every time I get an offer I always hope it's from CSM!

Good luck to everyone x x
Reply 39
Also - when I went to the open day, a girl asked if all applicants for the course at CSM would be given an opportunity to send work in, and the course leader said yes. So you won't get rejected from the course before you've even sent them anything (if what was said in the lecture was right)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending