The Student Room Group

Fashion Journalism CSM and LCF 2015 apllicants

Hi!! Just thought I would start a new thread for anyone applying to LCF or CSM Fashion Journalism for 2015....would love having people in the same situation as me to discuss the process! Thankyou!xx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi!
I've applied to both LCF and CSM for Fashion Journalism too, so nervous about sending in work/getting an interview but it seems that we have to wait until Feb or March to get any more information about it!
Hiiii, in the same position too!!! Going to submit my UCAS application off to LCF and CSM at the end of the week. I'm super nervous. Anyone studying the IB too?x
Reply 3
Hiii I'm applying to CSM and LCF for fashion journalism too, going to try have my application in this week!! I was really worried that I was really late compared to everyone else in sending off my application, so nervous about applying
Don´t worry... I´m only sending mine off today!! I know.. so nerve-racking that we don´t hear anything until the beginning of next year!
Have you got any experience?
Have you applied anywhere else?
Thanks xxxx
Reply 5
I sent mine off but it's only at my referee now so I hope it's sent off to UCAS soon😁 I know!! People I know have gotten offers already but lcf and csm always seem to reply like jan/feb :frown:
I've got no experience haha have you? I've applied to UCA and london met but I have my heart set on lcf or csm.... Have you applied somewhere else? :smile:
Original post by c1arad
I sent mine off but it's only at my referee now so I hope it's sent off to UCAS soon������ I know!! People I know have gotten offers already but lcf and csm always seem to reply like jan/feb :frown:
I've got no experience haha have you? I've applied to UCA and london met but I have my heart set on lcf or csm.... Have you applied somewhere else? :smile:

I did work experience in a magazine last summer, but I don´t have a blog or anything of the sort! I also applied to UCA and then to plain Journalism at LCF, but same here... really hoping to get a place in one of the two.
What a levels is everyone doing?
Any more information would be helpful! I really do not know where I stand.
Reply 7
Original post by blancadeorbaneja
I did work experience in a magazine last summer, but I don´t have a blog or anything of the sort! I also applied to UCA and then to plain Journalism at LCF, but same here... really hoping to get a place in one of the two.
What a levels is everyone doing?
Any more information would be helpful! I really do not know where I stand.

I live in ireland so I have a really limited amount of subjects, but they mentioned media studies, english and a foreign language when I emailed them and I do/have done all of them so that was a relief! I'm so so nervous I really don't think I can wait until February to find out :frown:
Reply 8
I don't think they care too much about grades or blogs etc as long as you show them you can write well when they ask us to send a piece in (i'm pretty sure thats what will happen!) i took french, history, english lit and philosophy and only applied to LCF and CSM for fashion.. my other choices are just plain journalism. I know they must wait until they have all applications in :frown:
Original post by jjswick
I don't think they care too much about grades or blogs etc as long as you show them you can write well when they ask us to send a piece in (i'm pretty sure thats what will happen!) i took french, history, english lit and philosophy and only applied to LCF and CSM for fashion.. my other choices are just plain journalism. I know they must wait until they have all applications in :frown:

thanks!! you dont need a portfolio for CSM and LCF right? just got an email from UCA (my back up) asking for a 12-piece online portfolio and dont really know what to put in it.:confused:
I also got the email from UCA:biggrin: and started yesterday with my online portfolio. Once you start is easy don't worry you'll be fine. If you don't get into CSM and LCF are you planning to do a Gap year?

xxx
Hey!!! I also applied for fashion journalism last week. I know it's nerve-racking... just keep moving forwards. We have months ahead of us and we need to be calm.

Can anyone give any details on the portfolio for UCA???

THANKS
xxxx
Reply 12
Anybody got offers?
Original post by c1arad
Anybody got offers?

no! I think they dont come until february...you?
Reply 14
No, but on twitter I saw a few people mentioning offers from lcf! Is it just the fashion journalism course that doesn't give offers til February? I can't stop checking my email every four minutes either way haha
Still waiting to hear back from LCF and CSM. So nervous. Hope I hear soon because I can not wait any more.
I havent heard back from CSM or LCF either *tries to stay calm*
Has anyone else received an interview from UCA for the 6th Jan?
My UCA interview is on the 7th instead and I am so nervous!
Reply 18
Ahhh well if none of us have heard from lcf or csm they probably aren't doing offers yet, so no news is good news at the moment!
I just got an email a few days ago from LCF explaining the next steps of the application process so not really.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending