The Student Room Group

2 years out...

Hey!

i have been out of education for two years now.... Looking to go to Uni.... Anyone who has been in a similar situation.... How did you find getting back into education?

thanks!
Reply 1
you have to be careful about this - as even one year gap students tend to forget school material which makes uni harder - don't waste your time!
Reply 2
I have been out of education since 2011 and I decided to go to university starting January 2015. As above getting into the routine of studying and education will be harder and thats why I have picked up an engineering maths book and started to work myself through it to get back into it!
Don't be put off by it because the hard work will be worth it after graduating.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Will it be easy to fit in and make friends after being 2 years older than the majority?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aroniglenn
Will it be easy to fit in and make friends after being 2 years older than the majority?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep it's fine - most people don't realise how old you are until you tell them, plus there's a mix of ages at uni anyway :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eden.whitcomb
Hey!

i have been out of education for two years now.... Looking to go to Uni.... Anyone who has been in a similar situation.... How did you find getting back into education?

thanks!

I only did one year out and I didn't find it too tricky :smile: I read my old textbooks, did some reading around from my course, and also spent time learning stuff that interested me to get me back into the habit of learning

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I am on my second year out - just sent off my UCAS this weekend, I am looking forward to getting back into education. I don't think it will be too difficult, just a bit of hard graft at the start of the year!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest