Durham21

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Anymore for anymore?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
D21 is much better than the other 2 student publications in Durham. Palatinate is dire, and "The Sanctuary" is run by a load of incompetent journalists who can't typeset or write a decent article (they printed "the article that Palatinate refused to print", and described it as such, without pointing out that the article had been refused because of its atrocious writing).
D21 has decent stories, well written opinions and interesting articles, and at a much lower cost to the DSU than Palatinate. (The sanctuary is privately run, which given the tone of the things in it means that someone's mummy or daddy is funding it).
Reply 22
I've heard about all this 'Sanctuary' malarky but have never actually seen a copy.

Any clues as to where they are all hiding?
Reply 23
Oh, and I also meant to point out that d21 has been nominated for two awards at the NUS National Student Journalism Awards. http://www.durham21.co.uk/archive/archive.asp?ID=3231

Someone must think the site does a half-decent job
The Sanctuary is handed out on the street, as DSU doesn't endorse it.
Reply 25
I heard that 'The Sanctuary' printed an article complaining about the victimisation of rahs which was concluded with "And anyway, you're all just jealous because we're better than you."

:rolleyes:
pretty much, yeah. They compared people taking the piss out of rahs to the holocaust. Enough said.
Reply 27
Mattmoy_2000
pretty much, yeah. They compared people taking the piss out of rahs to the holocaust. Enough said.

:eek:

Oh My God.
Reply 28
Godwins law!
Reply 29
Reply 30
Bumped to make sure that you haven't forgotten about us in all this Palatinate hating going on at the moment.

Winner of two awards at the NUS student media awards - dont you know?

Don't want any of you complaining about not being able to write for d21
Reply 31
Agbonlaheto
Bumped to make sure that you haven't forgotten about us in all this Palatinate hating going on at the moment.

Winner of two awards at the NUS student media awards - dont you know?

Don't want any of you complaining about not being able to write for d21

Oh! I didn't realise you wrote for Durham21.
Durham21 is a pile of crap :wink:
Reply 33
Palatinate is pile of ****e. It's way too biased. latest front page article - they fail to mention that cuths is two seconds from prebends bridge and that any student is going to help another student who's been bashed in. Instead they turn it into a "look at cuths, how awesome are we?" article. It sad that the journalists (most of whom belong to cuths) cannot maintain a level of objectivity in their writings.
6+6=6
latest front page article - they fail to mention that cuths is two seconds from prebends bridge and that any student is going to help another student who's been bashed in....... Instead they turn it into a "look at cuths, how awesome are we?" article.

Any student would know that Cuth's is right next to Prebends Bridge, so why should they have to mention it?
Reply 35
Agbonlaheto

Dr Simon James?!
Jelkin
Dr Simon James?!

Yes, apparently he sang acoustic covers and was rather good. It was the night of the painful meeting in the Fonteyn Ballroom. My friend kept texting me to say how good he was. Grr. :mad:
I can't imagine him singing. Very odd.
Reply 38
I bet he's amazing. And if not, he probably does mind tricks to make everyone THINK he's amazing. In fact, he probably doesn't even bother singing.
Jelkin
I bet he's amazing. And if not, he probably does mind tricks to make everyone THINK he's amazing. In fact, he probably doesn't even bother singing.

Psychic singing. Wow, there really are no limits to his talents!

Latest

Trending

Trending