The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh Offer Holders 2015 Thread

Scroll to see replies

any applicants for law?
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Hey, I know already asked OP this but did anyone else get in on predicted grades only?
Original post by imperialjunkie
Hey, I know already asked OP this but did anyone else get in on predicted grades only?

i got an offer based on predicted IB grades :smile:
although i've done IGCSEs too
Original post by michele394
i got an offer based on predicted IB grades :smile:
although i've done IGCSEs too

sorry I should've been more specific - was it an unconditional offer?

sorry I should've been more specific - was it an unconditional offer?

I don't think anyone receives an unconditional offer when they haven't completed their secondary education.
I received a conditional offer last night to study International Relations :smile: tbh it's almost unconditional as they only want 34 IB points and I have been predicted a 40 (38 without added points) I'm really excited, anyone else for IR ?
Original post by Alihuxley
I received a conditional offer last night to study International Relations :smile: tbh it's almost unconditional as they only want 34 IB points and I have been predicted a 40 (38 without added points) I'm really excited, anyone else for IR ?

Me! I already have my unconditional and I plan to firm for Edinburgh!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nearlyheadlessian
I don't think anyone receives an unconditional offer when they haven't completed their secondary education.

They give unconditionals more often to international applicants I think. I was given an unconditional and I'm not yet done with high school.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nearlyheadlessian

I haven't heard of any IB students or A level students getting in on just predicted grades. Unconditional offers are more common with already completed courses or US students who have completed the SATs or ACT. :smile: x
It appears that my AAA offer has been lowered to ABB! :biggrin:
Hi everyone! I just wanted to let you guys know that I will be meeting with a person from the University of Edinburgh's North American office in NYC. I have a bunch of questions for her, and if you have any questions you'd like me to ask her, I be happy to! Just comment or message me if you have anything you'd like me to ask:smile: hope everyone has a lovely New Years!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
Original post by oliwialidia
Congrats! I'm waiting to hear on psychology! So worried since everyone seems to be getting theirs!

I've applied to psychology MA too! Any news for offer?
Original post by LLa
I've applied to psychology MA too! Any news for offer?

No not yet! I think we'll probably hear something after the deadline for applications.. Waiting is getting very tiring!
Reply 93
Yeah, it's true! But why do you think are they already giving offers to other courses? It's not fair! lol
I've got an ABB conditional rom Edinburgh for straight Biology??? This seems so weird as even a contextual offer, I'd assume, would only be taken down to AAB... Anyone else got an offer for biology?
Original post by jamescharlick
I've got an ABB conditional rom Edinburgh for straight Biology??? This seems so weird as even a contextual offer, I'd assume, would only be taken down to AAB... Anyone else got an offer for biology?

I'm confused too! I got an offer in November of AAA for CompSci and just before Christmas it was lowered to ABB. I'm not complaining though...
Original post by Frank the Tankk
I'm confused too! I got an offer in November of AAA for CompSci and just before Christmas it was lowered to ABB. I'm not complaining though...

Yeah me too and I'm definitely not complaining either... maybe they just got fewer applicants than expected this year? It is odd, especially as Cardiff have offered me AAB, even though they are supposedly nowhere near as good as Edinburgh for Biology!
Original post by LLa
Yeah, it's true! But why do you think are they already giving offers to other courses? It's not fair! lol

I'd say it's because their humanities department is separate - so they do it at different times than the science or economic courses, I think so anyway haha!
Original post by jamescharlick
even though they are supposedly nowhere near as good as Edinburgh for Biology!

There is no correlation between conditional offers and quality of institution.
Reply 99
Is there anyone from England/Scotland who has received an offer? I live in London and plan on firming Edinburgh to read Biological Sciences (Biochemistry). Anyone else in the Science department? Edinburgh is an amazing place and I'm so excited to study there :smile: received my offer in November. Go us :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest