The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh Offer Holders 2015 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by caralong
Applied for Philosohy and Mathematics mid-December and still haven't heard back. It's annoying because it's the only uni that hasn't gotten back to me yet. I'm Hoping to hear soon

Did you guys get the email saying a decision will be made by 31st March? I so hope we're not waiting till then... :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
I applied on the 10th October for Nursing studies and no word back yet
Any idea when I might hear?
Original post by havocion
Is there anyone from England/Scotland who has received an offer? I live in London and plan on firming Edinburgh to read Biological Sciences (Biochemistry). Anyone else in the Science department? Edinburgh is an amazing place and I'm so excited to study there :smile: received my offer in November. Go us :wink:

Hey I got a conditional offer for Biological Sciences, too - Molecular Biology :smile: I got the news around December. Just wanted to ask, have you visited Edinburgh before? What did you think of the city? Cheers and good luck with exams.
Reply 163
Original post by MissLola
I applied on the 10th October for Nursing studies and no word back yet
Any idea when I might hear?

Hi, I have applied for Nursing at Edinburgh too, and haven't heard anything yet either. I know they received the application, but I don't think many people have heard from them. I applied for UCAS ages ago, and so far have only heard from Nottingham out of five. I imagine it takes a long time as Nursing has so many applicants. I am hoping to hear from them soon though...
Original post by imperialjunkie
Conditional for biotechnologyyy xx

Congrats:congrats:
Anyone doing chem engineering? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 007anne
Anyone doing chem engineering? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey I am!
Yes a fellow chem engineering student!
I'm from Manchester and today I received an offer to read Classics Studies at Edinburgh. I'm over the moon!
Original post by AqilahVawda
I'm from Manchester and today I received an offer to read Classics Studies at Edinburgh. I'm over the moon!

Congrats:congrats:
I just got a conditional offer of 3A's for Architecture even though I had a terrible set of AS Results and no A* at GCSE. I wasn't expecting an offer but I'm very happy I've got one - something to motivate me to study even more. Just a question to any UK applicants, have any of you had your original offer lowered? As all of my friends who have also received offers have had theirs lowered to suit a first year entry?
Original post by qwertyuiop1997
I just got a conditional offer of 3A's for Architecture even though I had a terrible set of AS Results and no A* at GCSE. I wasn't expecting an offer but I'm very happy I've got one - something to motivate me to study even more. Just a question to any UK applicants, have any of you had your original offer lowered? As all of my friends who have also received offers have had theirs lowered to suit a first year entry?

Congrats:clap2:
Original post by Theresabreeze
Hey I am!
Yes a fellow chem engineering student!

Whoop whoop!! Are you doing BEng or Meng??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 007anne
Whoop whoop!! Are you doing BEng or Meng??

Posted from TSR Mobile

MEng you?
MEng you?

I am Good old BEng, I couldn't do 5 years sounds like a long time, do u have an offer??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 007anne
I am Good old BEng, I couldn't do 5 years sounds like a long time, do u have an offer??

Posted from TSR Mobile

5 years does seem an absolute drag
Hopefully I get the chance to go into 2nd year if I get the grades and it's still possible 😥

Yes I do! ABB you?
5 years does seem an absolute drag
Hopefully I get the chance to go into 2nd year if I get the grades and it's still possible 😥

Yes I do! ABB you?

My offer is AAA, LUCKY YOU, not sure my offer is so high?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 007anne
My offer is AAA, LUCKY YOU, not sure my offer is so high?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think my offer is low I was expecting at least AAA for masters and everything - have no idea why it's that low. But on their website they did say that their minimum offer is ABB
Has anyone got an offer and then had it lowered after a couple of weeks?
Reply 178
got an unconditional for biochem last month!! dead happy only thing off putting is how far away the Kings building is form the main campus ahahah!!
Anyone with their grades already got an offer straight into 2nd year? Is it advisable to go into 2nd year - don't you risk missing out on a lot of things?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending