The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey friend, I am doing HL: Biology, Chemistry and Arabic
SL: Psychology, Maths and English.
I want to study medicine (if I survive Hl chemistry xD hopefully)
if i do not I will switch to HL psychology and probably still do something with biology and chemistry. I actually enjoy my HL subjects only. I have no interest in the Sl ones. What about you?
Reply 2
Original post by laraalmahbshi
Hey friend, I am doing HL: Biology, Chemistry and Arabic
SL: Psychology, Maths and English.
I want to study medicine (if I survive Hl chemistry xD hopefully)
if i do not I will switch to HL psychology and probably still do something with biology and chemistry. I actually enjoy my HL subjects only. I have no interest in the Sl ones. What about you?

I am liking all my subjects, but higher maths is very very hard!!!
Yeah I can tell but you don't need HL for medicine. Plus it doesn't give you a greater advantage believe me. If you are 100% sure that you want to do medicine then I don't know why you are taking HL maths. Anyways good luck (: I wish you all the best.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
HL: English, History Philosophy
SL: French, Enviro, Maths Studies

I want to study history :smile:
HL: Eng lit, history, geo
SL: bio, math studies, chinese :s-smilie:

i want to study Eng Lit, and double major or minor in history
I'm studying at
HL:
English A Lit
History (route 2)
Economics
SL:
Maths
Physics
Spanish B

I'm planning on doing something along the lines of PPE or Politics, Economics and International Relations
Reply 7
HL: Psychology, Economics, Biology
SL: Maths, Spanish ab initio, English Lit

I'm deciding between economics & accounting/finance!
HL: Maths, Physics, German A LangLit
SL: Chemistry, Economics, English A LangLit

I've applied for civil engineering :biggrin:
Hi, all! If you take iB for medicine, do you still need to take IGCSEs? Very confusing for me, please help!
Original post by the_queen
Hi, all! If you take iB for medicine, do you still need to take IGCSEs? Very confusing for me, please help!

Hey friend, the answer is no. However, most universities will be willing to see some kind of secondary certificate. But what they care about is IB (if you have one) they use that to decide whether they should accept you or not. Good luck (: don't hesitate to contact if you have any questions (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
HL: Eng A: Lang & Lit, History, Estonian A: Lit
SL: Biology, Maths, Visual Arts
(I go to a really small school so we didn't have a whole lot of options :frown:)

I want to do archaeology (and ancient history would be nice, too)
Reply 12
I'm in y11 and I'm going to do:

HL Maths, Physics, History
SL English Lit, Spanish B, Economics

I want to study psychology (experimental) at uni, but my school doesn't offer Psychology, and they've chosen ecology as the option for Biology HL, and I don't want to study ecology at all... Biology SL would be good but I need two Higher Sciences, and I love physics, and it keeps open engineering, so yeah :smile:
Original post by Romula
I'm in y11 and I'm going to do:

HL Maths, Physics, History
SL English Lit, Spanish B, Economics

I want to study psychology (experimental) at uni, but my school doesn't offer Psychology, and they've chosen ecology as the option for Biology HL, and I don't want to study ecology at all... Biology SL would be good but I need two Higher Sciences, and I love physics, and it keeps open engineering, so yeah :smile:

Oh my god.... Those are the exact same IB subjects I'll do if I get into my choice sixth form (which is an IB school).
Wow!! Hahah but apparently HL Maths is impossible :frown:
Original post by Nomes24
Oh my god.... Those are the exact same IB subjects I'll do if I get into my choice sixth form (which is an IB school).

No it's no impossible! :biggrin: you just have to be willing to put some work into it :P but i am glad i chose it! :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Nomes24

Yeah but if you love the subject they say it's okay. Good luck with everything, PM me if I can ever help with something 😊
HL: Bio, Chem, Eng
SL: Philosophy, French, Maths Studies

Hoping to studying dentistry :smile:
Original post by Romula
Yeah but if you love the subject they say it's okay. Good luck with everything, PM me if I can ever help with something 😊

I guess so but my current school doesn't do ad maths so I'm not sure I'd be able to do hl at my prospective school (if I even get in haha) as they do ad maths so everyone will be advanced :/ if I don't do hl maths I'll do hl English though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Nomes24
I guess so but my current school doesn't do ad maths so I'm not sure I'd be able to do hl at my prospective school (if I even get in haha) as they do ad maths so everyone will be advanced :/ if I don't do hl maths I'll do hl English though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't be discouraged by the fact that a lot of people do ads maths. I'm pretty sure there will be some students who haven't done ads maths and are willing to do higher level maths. My friend for one hasn't done ads maths and is currently doing well in higher level maths. Doing ads maths only helps to a certain extent, it doesn't give them a HUGE advantage.
HL: Latin, English, History
SL: Social/Cultural Anthropology, Economics, Math, Physics

Want to study Archeology and Ancient History

Latest