The Student Room Group

Tesco Successful Interview - No Response A Week Later

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
So how long did the whole process last altogether?
Original post by Nas782
So how long did the whole process last altogether?

It was around 3 weeks between applying and getting an interview, 5 weeks between the interview and induction day, and another week before my first day in the job, so the whole process was 9 weeks start to finish.. Ridiculous.
Reply 42
Thanks.
Reply 43
Mustve been hectic. I'm just being optimistic I get this job.
Reply 44
Nas,

My interview was 13/11/14 day after my birthday that's why I remember and the induction was 29/11/14, the induction I attended there was about 15 people there. They bring in free water, sweets and fruit and go through boring videos safety vids and think 25 and think 21 etc. Then depending what job you gone for i.e. tills they would train the same day usually. I was nights so I was in the same night I was there 09:30 to 4:00 and was back in for 10:00 for the shift. The inductions are usually on a Saturday.
This is just example other people would tell you differently depending on how many people they are taking on.
Reply 45
At least it was worth it. You got the job in the end.👍
Hello!

I applied for a Customer Assistant job at my local TESCO Express store.:smile:
I applied at night on the 27th March and got a phone call the morning after (28th) inviting me to a 1-1 interview on Wednesday 1st April.
The interview lasted about 1 1/2 hours and included some basic questions such as; Tell me about yourself and What could you bring to TESCO etc etc! I also got some basic training on Tills and got to serve a few customers! I also restocked shelves with other staff. I got introduced to most members of staff and got shown around. I though it all went quite well! :biggrin:

I know it's only been 4 days since my interview but honestly, it feels like 4 years!
So I was just wondering how long I have to wait until I get told that my interview was successful. I know that the Right to work in UK stuff takes time but most people on this thread said that they got told their interview was successful but I haven't yet.

Is they anyone on here that passed their interview and are currently waiting to start or working at TESCO and could tell me how long that I should wait before hearing a response, because I'm absolutely bricking it!:eek:

Thank you! :smile::smile:

-Joe
Original post by ThePidgey
Hello!

I applied at night on the 27th March and got a phone call the morning after (28th) inviting me to a 1-1 interview on Wednesday 1st April.
The interview lasted about 1 1/2 hours and included some basic questions such as; Tell me about yourself and What could you bring to TESCO etc etc! I also got some basic training on Tills and got to serve a few customers! I also restocked shelves with other staff. I got introduced to most members of staff and got shown around. I though it all went quite well! :biggrin:

I know it's only been 4 days since my interview but honestly, it feels like 4 years!
So I was just wondering how long I have to wait until I get told that my interview was successful. I know that the Right to work in UK stuff takes time but most people on this thread said that they got told their interview was successful but I haven't yet.

Is they anyone on here that passed their interview and are currently waiting to start or working at TESCO and could tell me how long that I should wait before hearing a response, because I'm absolutely bricking it!:eek:

-Joe

I'd wait a couple of weeks before starting to worry about it if I were you, they might not have finished all the interviews yet and they won't say whether you've got the job until all those are done :smile:
Okay thanks!

On the website it says the application expires on the 9th of April, does this mean that I shouldn't get a reply until they have interviewed all the applicants?

Thanks!
Reply 49
Original post by ThePidgey
Hello!

-Joe

My interview was on the 9th of the March and the job application was closing on the 17th but I still havent got anything back so yeah mate i'm getting worried too but I believe patience is key.
I've had the interview and got told it went well, had to work on the tills for 30 mins too, it's been a week and 2 days... The man interviewing me told me they would get back to me within a week, so I'll call them up today and ask them what's going on 💪👌 I really hope I get the job
Reply 51
This is EXACTLY the information I was after. I'm in the same boat with processing of the right to work documents.

Had my interview (1 on 1) about 2 weeks ago now, was called in to sign off on the right to work stuff last week (Thursday), and am now waiting on that. I've been given confirmation that the role I applied for is mine, and will be called in for an induction once the right to work stuff has come back.

It's nice that Tesco are taking these extra measures, but my, do HMRC take their sweet time getting everything checked!
Hi guys, feeling a bit confused. I had an interview with Tesco about 3 weeks ago for a job in the phone shop. I was successful in the interview and the manager phoned me too offer me the position which I accepted, I'm still waiting to have my induction but today I received an email from the career centre.

Dear Paul,Thank you for applying for the role of Customer Assistant - Phone Shop - Part Time.After careful consideration, unfortunately we will not continue your application to the next stage.However, we do consider every application individually so if you find another role that you think would be right for you, please don't hesitate to get in touch again.Click here to explore some other opportunities.Best Regards, The Tesco Resourcing team.

Can anyone give me any advice as I'm really puzzled by this as the manager said the job was mine. Thanks
Reply 53
Hey, I had an interview a week and a half ago and got told if we weren't successful we would hear in 1 to 2 days (they also said you wont hear until the right to work had come through and people from the previous week hadn't got them back) i prefer this job but don't want to turn down another role if offered but am I right in thinking I still have a chance??
Thanks
Original post by pauls198864
Hi guys, feeling a bit confused. I had an interview with Tesco about 3 weeks ago for a job in the phone shop. I was successful in the interview and the manager phoned me too offer me the position which I accepted, I'm still waiting to have my induction but today I received an email from the career centre.

Dear Paul,Thank you for applying for the role of Customer Assistant - Phone Shop - Part Time.After careful consideration, unfortunately we will not continue your application to the next stage.However, we do consider every application individually so if you find another role that you think would be right for you, please don't hesitate to get in touch again.Click here to explore some other opportunities.Best Regards, The Tesco Resourcing team.

Can anyone give me any advice as I'm really puzzled by this as the manager said the job was mine. Thanks

Hey pauls198864 I have an interview with Tesco phone shop next week and was wondering what your experience with the interview was like, was it one on one or a group interview and do you remember any of the questions they asked you?
Hi Jonathan, my interview was a 1 to 1 not a group. I was asked some questions about my previous experience, was also asked a few scenario questions as well (describe a time sort of questions). Was then took out to approach a few customers just so the manager could see how well my customer service was, once this was over I was tasked to sell a certain product to the manager (I ended up using my phone as obviously this is what I would be doing when I got the job). Just make sure before you start this part you introduce yourself to the manager as if he was just a normal customer, find out what his needs are and then go into what product would he best for him. Good luck!!
Btw guys there was a mix up with that email I was speaking about in that other message so the job is mine. does anyone know the starting hourly rate for phone shop at tesco?. Still not been told yet 👎
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 57
This is a great thread! I applied online 04/07/15. Received a phone call the same day for an interview, had an interview 07/07/15. It was a 1-1 interview then half an hour on the customer service desk which is where I will be working if I get the job followed by half an hour on the checkouts. She seemed really positive afterwards told me how the induction works & that she would be sending my details off for checks & if I didn't hear anything within 10 days it doesn't mean that I haven't got the job. Still says in process online so I'm hoping that once my checks come back I get offered the job fingers crossed.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 58
I applied for stock control in tesco on 11/07/15 and it is 13/07/15 and I'm just curious as to how long it will take for them to send an email or call to see whether I've got an interview or if I've failed.
Reply 59
They normally let you know after a couple of days if you have passed their test then you go on the waiting list of recruitment with the application in process on the website.

There is no time limt when they called you they called me up on my birthday and said can you come in tommorow morning for interview which mean's no more drink for me on my birthday, the interview was very basic a couple of customer service questions.

All you have to do is smile and look like you want to help and listen and assist anybody ay anytime and just be friendly preety easy really.

Their website is deeply floored, i worked there and the account i had said i was unsuccessful lol.

If you get a interview and pass then you have to wait for the back to work and that your a UK citizen which takes a couple of weeks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending