The Student Room Group

Tesco Successful Interview - No Response A Week Later

I had a group assessment/interview with Tesco just over a week ago today, I got a call last Monday saying that I was successful and that the line manager will ring me once he hears from the "right to work" people. It has been a week now and I am pretty worried because I haven't heard back. Is it normal for it to take this long or should I call them?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ryanbriggs
I had a group assessment/interview with Tesco just over a week ago today, I got a call last Monday saying that I was successful and that the line manager will ring me once he hears from the "right to work" people. It has been a week now and I am pretty worried because I haven't heard back. Is it normal for it to take this long or should I call them?

Thanks

I'd ring the store you got accepted to and ask what's going on :smile:, I'm waiting for a call from sports direct and ive had two missed calls from a private number. Was tesco on private?

Thanks

hi
I had a job interview with tescos about a week ago and i am in the same situation as you. They told me it takes about 7-14 days
Reply 3
I called the store, they said there is just a backlog from HMRC (right to work) as they are processing all of the successful applicants as all from the day I went in got jobs (there was only 2 days with 2 groups of 10 per day) I was also reassured not to worry, I have the job and it wont get knocked on the head and that they will be in touch by the end of the week or next week for definite to tell me my shifts!!

No, Tesco ring me on 2 different landlines which I have saved, but Sports Direct could be a private number.
What Tesco have you been successful in Jamie?
Reply 4
Hey, I've been invited to an interview at Tesco's on Thursday but don't know whether it is a group interview or not just that it will last 2 hours! How was your interview? What type of questions were you asked and did you have to do anything else other than the interview? This would be really helpful cheers!
Reply 5
Original post by SLClegg
Hey, I've been invited to an interview at Tesco's on Thursday but don't know whether it is a group interview or not just that it will last 2 hours! How was your interview? What type of questions were you asked and did you have to do anything else other than the interview? This would be really helpful cheers!

Hey, it will most likely be a group interview of around 8-12 of you, they split us up into two groups, one group went off to do an exercise and the others had one-to-one interviews with the line managers, they just ask you questions like "can you tell me a situation that you have been in when you have had to do more than expected of you" and also "when you have had to change your mood to suit different people" or "when you have worked under pressure". They will also just ask you your availability and what position you want to work as (if you haven't already said). Our group exercise was to build a 6ft tower out of paper and make it colourful and stand freely (harder than it sounds) our group done it, the others didnt haha!

Go dressed smart, take your passport and NI number and just be confident!

Good Luck!
Reply 6
Oh well, I rang Tesco back last week, they told me that they were waiting for HMRC to get back to them and should ring me definitely today or latest tomorrow, is it me or is this getting a bit lengthy? Anyone else had this problem/having this problem with them?

Thanks!
Oh well, I rang Tesco back last week, they told me that they were waiting for HMRC to get back to them and should ring me definitely today or latest tomorrow, is it me or is this getting a bit lengthy? Anyone else had this problem/having this problem with them?

Thanks!

I am, been waiting three weeks
x
Reply 8
Which Tesco?

Location?
Reply 9
I had a job interview for tesco's last monday.. they said I should get a call within 7 days but I haven't heard anything yet so I'm getting worried :frown: My interview wasn't a group interview, there were just 2 members of staff asking me questions so I'm really not sure how I would have compared to the other candidates!
Reply 10
I got an official job offer over the phone yesterday and i'm in for my induction tomorrow, it can take up to 10 days for them to call, if you have the number they called you on just call back and ask about how your application is going/went. Hope it went well!!!
Reply 11
I got an official job offer over the phone yesterday and i'm in for my induction tomorrow, it can take up to 10 days for them to call, if you have the number they called you on just call back and ask about how your application is going/went. Hope it went well!!!

Congratulations! I got a call today offering me the job- got my induction on saturday! What's the induction like? But yeah it took them 15 days to call me:confused: better late than never!

Thanks!

Original post by jamie12edwards
I am, been waiting three weeks
x

Been waiting 2 and a half weeks since I was told I got the job, absolute joke. I've pulled out of applications and cancelled interviews when I got told and now I'm just waiting here like a lemon for a check which surely can't take more than 2 minutes of someone's time...
Reply 13
Original post by Stevo F
Been waiting 2 and a half weeks since I was told I got the job, absolute joke. I've pulled out of applications and cancelled interviews when I got told and now I'm just waiting here like a lemon for a check which surely can't take more than 2 minutes of someone's time...

I have JUST started last night, it genuinely takes ages, they showed me on the computer, there is such a backlog at HMRC and they don't hurry for anyone, once it gets to the 3 week mark RING THEM!!

Plus just a heads up, you will be lucky to get a uniform for your first week or two and a staff card, I haven't even been given a sign in card! Need to get it on Thursday! Make sure you mingle with your fellow staff members, I did and we are all best mates after a night!!

Good luck!
I called the store, they said there is just a backlog from HMRC (right to work) as they are processing all of the successful applicants as all from the day I went in got jobs (there was only 2 days with 2 groups of 10 per day) I was also reassured not to worry, I have the job and it wont get knocked on the head and that they will be in touch by the end of the week or next week for definite to tell me my shifts!!

No, Tesco ring me on 2 different landlines which I have saved, but Sports Direct could be a private number.
What Tesco have you been successful in Jamie?

Im still waiting for the phone call to see if I've got the job or not.. been at least 4 weeks and they said they would defiantly ring me back ,,, its tescos metro in Cirencester
Original post by Stevo F

same I've cancelled job interviews too x
Reply 16
In that case i would recommemd you both ring the store and explain you have turned down other interviews and stuff, that will make them get a move on!!
In that case i would recommemd you both ring the store and explain you have turned down other interviews and stuff, that will make them get a move on!!

But it's a national department with all the delays, they're not going to speed it up for 1 person in one store..
Reply 18
Original post by Stevo F
But it's a national department with all the delays, they're not going to speed it up for 1 person in one store..

I know, they said that to me when i started!
Reply 19
This has to be the best thread about new Tesco's, a lot of the other threads where before 2012 and they just offered people jobs straight away but since they got fined they check everyone's right to work which i don't blame them.

I had a interview last week got told a yes from the interviewer and to be free on the 22/11/14 for induction, and they said will call in a couple of days so far no call, i called them Wednesday and i got a stern voice down the phone saying your back to work details aren't back yet when they arrive we will call we can't offer you the job to we get them don't worry we will call when they arrive. So i took it as we call you don't call again lol.

The only worry i have is the induction is tomorrow which unless they call today i can't attend it, will they be doing other inductions or will they just employ the people who's back to work forms have arrived, just a bit disappointed in Tesco there recruitment seems back in the dark ages they are leaving a lot people up in the air and they don't update your account to say waiting for such details they kind of leave you hanging a bit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending