The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

yep pizza and pastry are both fatty and greasy which is never a good thing for a tummy, and tea contains caffeine which stimulates the digestive tract. don't know about special k, its fibre content is low, so hmm
i find having any breakfast at all makes my stomach worse so i just try not to (but im not recommending this cos obviously breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it makes u soooo hungry) is it just special k or all cereal?

eating more fibre can help some people but it can also make it worse for some people just like having those yoghurts with the probiotic and stuff can help some people but can make it worse for some people too.youl just have to try and work it out for urself really. like even if it is caused by stress not food, avoiding some food can still help.

but u shud definately tell ur bf. after all everybody poops hehe. having the runs can be stressful enough without also having to try to hide it from ur bf.even tho he might not be able to do anything to help itl still feel like a huge weight lifted from your shoulders

and erm yeh it can only be caused by stress and be all in ur head. and its worse than being from food cos u can avoid food but u cant make ur head not think about things
Reply 22
Its all cereal, but im eating special k at the moment. The only reason im putting up with breakfast (i never used to eat it cos it made me feel really bad) is cos im at uni and i need to keep my energy levels up cos i get really sleepy.

I have told him today and he just kept making jokes! lol it was pretty funny nd he was only trying to make things alittle lighter for me.
it could be the milk - lactose intolerance if thats the only kind of breakfast that affects you. nice one for telling him :smile:
gem_77
it could be the milk - lactose intolerance if thats the only kind of breakfast that affects you. nice one for telling him :smile:

yeh theres loads of things u can be intolerant to. lactose intolerant wheat glucose loads of stuff. u can get tests done at ur doctors to see.only blood tests nothing scary. dont go to holland and barrat for any tests tho. apparently theyl tell u ur intolerant to random stuff just to sell u all of their rubbish. can u develop lactose intolerace over time?
maybe try eating something else for breakfast for a while like fruit and yoghurts or toast. or maybe try to eat a smaller breakfast and eat small amounts throughout the morning so ur still not hungry but its not like a load of food on ur stomach all at once
I have IBS, and it's triggers by anything from nerves, to drinking Coca Cola and eating Fruit and Fibre. Almonds however take instant effect (a whole one would hospitalise me because I'd dehydrate so fast - i shan't go into details, but it's not pretty). I thought I'd just got an intolerance to almonds, but according to the doctor it's just IBS. I steer clear of most things that cause it, but sometimes it seems to manage to cause problems anyway. I'm not on any medication though, because it seems to be dietary.

This doesn't sound like IBS but more like mild invasive candidiasis, do you get acne or excema and fatigue at the same time that your bowels play up, sorry to be gross but does your stool sometimes have mucus in it or do you have a white coating on your tongue? ( you may not have all of these.)
This is a disease that is accepted by doctors as existing but many don't think that it can affect you to this extent unless you have an immune problem, so in otherwise healthy people it often goes undiagnosed. Great thing is that when you do have problems with it just doing a diet for about 8 weeks can sort it out.
It is a very srtict diet though, no sugar, no yeast, nothing fermented nothing processed, no dairy and no caffiene. (puts booze out, though vodka and tonic tends to be the least evil) so wholomeal bread, avoid most fruits except bananas and granny smith apples, (because fructose is a sugar) avoid bread, marmite, gravy. As I said though, it's only for 8 weeks, then you can eat all these things again but in moderation, if your diet gets bad, you'll get it back.
Take pro-biotics as one of the main causes is not having enough good bacteria in your gut, drink lots of water, and take some vitamin C.
When you do the diet you can through a week of feeling fluish, which is known as candida die-off, and is a sign that it's working. so persevere.
http://www.candidadiet.com/therapist...sment_form.pdf to see if you may have a problem, and http://www.candidadiet.com/ for advice if you do.

Thanks, yes I do have a lot of those symptoms but never connected them all! That diet thing sounds awful though. I think it's pretty much impossible since I'm starting back at uni :frown: Why do you think it ISN'T IBS, though? I've done online tests for that and had most symptoms, and 3 doctors have said I probably have it.

Latest

Trending

Trending