The Student Room Group

BP Technical Interview - Updates

Anyone been invited to technical interview for graduate program yet?

Scroll to see replies

Yes, I got the invite this afternoon. Had the telephone iview about a week and half ago. Anyone else got an invite?
Reply 2
So you had your phone interview last Monday? When is your technical interview booked for?
Hi Trader3000,

I am going to have the phone interview next week. Can you kindly share some experience about the interview? Thanks.
Reply 4
It was all competency based. Anyone else been invited to technical interview yet? Any thoughts on date?
Original post by jingzhongyue
Hi Trader3000,

I am going to have the phone interview next week. Can you kindly share some experience about the interview? Thanks.

are you chinese btw? just curious! finger crossed for you! saw your post re AM in another post!
Reply 6
Original post by Trader3000
It was all competency based. Anyone else been invited to technical interview yet? Any thoughts on date?

Hi Trader3000 I have my technical interview next week. How did yours go? Have you found out whether you're through to the assessment centre yet?
Reply 7
Did you apply for Graduate Trading Program?
Reply 8
Original post by Trader3000
Did you apply for Graduate Trading Program?

Yes
Reply 9
When did you get invited to technical interview? How long after your phone interview was it?
Reply 10
Can anyone here share what to expect for the technical interview? Also, do you know if BP has handed out any AC invites/job offers yet?

Thanks.
Reply 11
I recently got invited to the BP Technical Interview within the IST Graduate Programme. Had the phone interview on wednesday and got the email on saturday that I passed. I'll be attending the next stage on the 3rd of December, does anyone have any suggestions? When I'm done I'll let you guys know how it was.
Reply 12
Original post by mohakin
I recently got invited to the BP Technical Interview within the IST Graduate Programme. Had the phone interview on wednesday and got the email on saturday that I passed. I'll be attending the next stage on the 3rd of December, does anyone have any suggestions? When I'm done I'll let you guys know how it was.

Congrats! Is this for IST Trading?
Reply 13
It is. I think at the technical interview it will be further competency interview blended with case studies and a trading simulation game. Don't exactly know what to expect though...
just wonder how long you have to wait after the situational judgement test? i have applied for trading internship. thanks
Reply 15
I did the situational judgement test at the end of september. After that I was invited to do the numerical (and i think verbal?) test online at the end of october, and a few days after doing that I got invited to do the phone interview.
Reply 16
Original post by mohakin
It is. I think at the technical interview it will be further competency interview blended with case studies and a trading simulation game. Don't exactly know what to expect though...

Yeah I heard technical interviews are mostly case studies, you don't expect to know anything in-depth about oil and gas though, just some general knowledge should suffice.

Will there be a trading game? well that's new...
Reply 17
Hi mohakin,
Could you please describe how the day went and what they asked you? Also if you have any advice etc..., i have this technical interview on tuesday :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by hugogo
Hi mohakin,
Could you please describe how the day went and what they asked you? Also if you have any advice etc..., i have this technical interview on tuesday :smile:

Hi,

The technical interview was a whole day event, in the morning there was an introduction about BP and what the graduation programme is like, etc. In the afternoon we had to do presentations individually, which we prepared in advance based on the topics we were given a few days before. After that we had a scenario based technical interview, and at the end a trading simulation.
Will your technical interview be for an internship? We were told that there wont be any more candidates being interviewed for the graduate programme. There were about 1000 applicants for 4 positions, the final 4 is decided from the 16 who are progressed to the assessment centre from the technical interview.
Hello Mohakin,

Pls do you mean the entire BP graduate programme or for the trading segment with regards to the end of technical interviews? I did the telephone interview a week ago and heard nothing yet for the engineering graduate programme.

Quick Reply

Latest