The Student Room Group

Dropping ou to travel

Hi,

I'm getting into my second month at University after a long spell of travelling which I absolutely loved (5 months backpacking around SE Asia) and I'm really feeling a real lack of motivation towards the work, it's not really what I thought biology would be like, although I am loving uni life.

While I was working to save up to travel you'd be amazed at the amount of people with good degrees (1st's and 2:1's) doing minimum wage jobs like I was straight out of college, a few of my colleagues told me not to bother with uni at all! (although I'm not sure how much truth there is in that)

I'm wondering whether I should drop out this year and get some more travelling in, there's a website I stalk called workaway.com which posts placements where you can work for food and board, it looks amazing and it would be a very cheap way to travel.

I'd like to hear your thoughts, thanks in advance for your replies

Thanks in advance for your replies
I have recently signed up to workaway and have contacted a family about me staying with them. It seems really easy to use and you can see reviews from other workawayers who have been to the same place. Go for it x

Quick Reply

Latest