The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
That's where i heard it from. It's an old blog post though which is why I doubted it.

Not sure I'm applying to Trinity anyway though.
Original post by JPGR
That's where i heard it from. It's an old blog post though which is why I doubted it.

Not sure I'm applying to Trinity anyway though.

Thanks, I see what you mean. But I wonder if they sets that haven't downloaded them yet (most, I would assume) will see that I submitted then made changes?
Reply 402
Oh right. They judge you on your final submission (i.e the one that's there on 30th April 2015).
Reply 403
Original post by scotstudent
My understanding is:

1. Chambers cannot access your application until after the deadline

2. They do not know when you submitted it

3. They will not know if you made changes before the deadline. You can submit the application, edit and re-submit. Chambers only see the final submission.

Does anyone think any differently?

Under OLPAS/Pupillage Portal it was different. But this is how PG seems to work.

I have posted a link to PG which confirms they cannot view before 4 May. It's being moderated.
Original post by basbar
I have posted a link to PG which confirms they cannot view before 4 May. It's being moderated.

Oh yes, just seen that too! I guess that's settled then!
Original post by JPGR
Well, it's faintly depressing to be a veteran of these threads...

However, I'm polishing off an app and transferring it at the moment. However, it's disappeared from my bookmarked vacancies. Is anybody else having this problem? Has Dere St pulled their pupillage?

http://applications.pupillagegateway.com/vacancies/view/593
I had missed the tempers and thinly-veiled criticisms of last year. Glad to see a resurgence!

Happy Monday!
Maybe a silly Q, when listing your Law degree, what area of study have you all listed? I put "other" but someone told me law comes under "social sciences".

Any clarification is much appreciated :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SIE2013
Maybe a silly Q, when listing your Law degree, what area of study have you all listed? I put "other" but someone told me law comes under "social sciences".

Any clarification is much appreciated :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put humanities (?!). Shows how ill-fitted the Gateway really is.
Reply 409
Whether law is a social science or a humanity is something that could be debated forever more. I have worried about this in the past, but I don't think it matters one jot. I plumb for social science, personally.
I put "other", most law schools are separate elements within universities/colleges - it's sui generis. :smile:

And, mostly, you don't get a BA or a BSc.

No "Arts" in that list!
Gateway apps are slowly killing me. I've practically finished all apps, but the forms make it such a chore. Not as bad as one non-Gateway sets PDF app, though...
Original post by basbar
See here: http://www.pupillagegateway.com/timetable-for-atos/

Chambers cannot view applications prior to 4 May.

I couldn't manually find the timetable you posted above. When I found the timetable it is entirely different:

http://www.pupillagegateway.com/timetable/

However, it would make sense that chambers could only view/download applications after the deadline or there would be no point in being able to edit applications.
Original post by PupilLAD
I couldn't manually find the timetable you posted above. When I found the timetable it is entirely different:

http://www.pupillagegateway.com/timetable/

However, it would make sense that chambers could only view/download applications after the deadline or there would be no point in being able to edit applications.

It is under the 'are you offering pupillage' section, my bad.
If you are currently working/volunteering at a place, what have you listed for your dates. You are unable to type "present" which is extremely annoying, but you are able to keep the date blank. So have you all kept it blank to reflect that you are currently still working etc? :smile:

Thanks a lot :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm having trouble with the matrix question 'Please tell us about any life experiences outside of study or employment from which you consider you have acquired skills or insights relevant to a barrister’s work (150 words).'

what if your hobbies are just hobbies??

Also don't know what to do about some non-olpas which have whole sections just for mooting and mock trial experience. What if your advocacy experience was elsewhere? I guess I should have done more... I wouldn't usually put just having participated at bar school, I think you have to have won something to justify putting it....but this specific question means I have to...
Original post by SIE2013
If you are currently working/volunteering at a place, what have you listed for your dates. You are unable to type "present" which is extremely annoying, but you are able to keep the date blank. So have you all kept it blank to reflect that you are currently still working etc? :smile:

Thanks a lot :smile:

I've just left it blank, if it requires a date input. Or if it will accept free text I'll put "present", "-" or "pending" depending on the context.
Reply 417
Anyone heard anything from Zenith Chambers in Leeds regarding their family pupillage to start September 2015?
Original post by LegalG
Anyone heard anything from Zenith Chambers in Leeds regarding their family pupillage to start September 2015?

Nothing yet. Anyone heard from Deans Court?
Original post by LegalG

Nothing, & nothing from Deans, Five Paper & 2KBW

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending