The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nordic
I thought it was a generic line! Thanks for the clarification. Any luck with pupillage applications/interviews elsewhere?

No joy in 2013. But in 2014... :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Happy new year, all. Good luck to everybody.

My first app will go in to 7BR shortly. Intending to make a glut of applications pre-April.
Reply 43
Anone heard anything from 4 New Square yet?
4 New Square rejections out. Any word from Falcon?
Reply 45
Original post by Dara123
Anyone considering applying to Nexus chambers?

I applied :-)
Reply 46
Original post by NJames
Farringdon offers are out. This is my third year or so of applying, I am not an Oxbridge type, and do not have your standard barrister's background. Proof that there is hope for all of us (after years of struggle!)

Congratulations. Please share any tips :-)
Reply 47
Original post by msbrown
I applied :-)

Did you get an acknowledgement email??
Reply 48
Original post by Dara123
Did you get an acknowledgement email??

No, I did not. Did you?
Reply 49
Original post by msbrown
No, I did not. Did you?

No, Nothing.
Reply 50
Anyone heard from 2DJ?
Reply 51
Nothing from 2dj at all yet...
it can't be much longer until we hear from 2dj surely!
Which set is 2DJ??
Reply 54
just received a rejection from 2drj
Reply 55
2DJ invites are out
Completely out of curiosity, does anyone know when offers are made by the London (mostly commercial) sets which have their application processes now/in Feb?

Was looking through the interview dates and it got me thinking about what happens if someone gets an offer before Pupillage Gateway even opens, say from a set you're ok with but would prefer another that's a member of the gateway. Do people keep the offers open until they hear back from the gateway sets, or do they have to accept/reject the offer then, despite the (tiny) potential for something else through the gateway later on?
Reply 57
Original post by LadyLaw23
Completely out of curiosity, does anyone know when offers are made by the London (mostly commercial) sets which have their application processes now/in Feb?

Was looking through the interview dates and it got me thinking about what happens if someone gets an offer before Pupillage Gateway even opens, say from a set you're ok with but would prefer another that's a member of the gateway. Do people keep the offers open until they hear back from the gateway sets, or do they have to accept/reject the offer then, despite the (tiny) potential for something else through the gateway later on?

From friends who have been in this dilemma in previous years the answer is a definite no. Chambers will not make an offer and allow you time to gain a better one before accepting. I also know of people who have been made offers, accepted, signed contracts with conditions of certain BPTC grades, not applied to Gateway because it would breach their offer, not acquired the right grades and had to wait a whole year to apply again and start from scratch.

I'm sure most people on this thread would advise you that any offer of pupillage should be gratefully accepted. If you find yourself in a situation with more than one competing offer at the same time, then you are clearly intelligent enough to make the decision of which to accept yourself.
Fair enough, that's what I imagined would be the case. Thanks!

Original post by pinktape
I'm sure most people on this thread would advise you that any offer of pupillage should be gratefully accepted.

Not disputing that in any way. As I said, it was just a question out of curiosity having looked at the various dates whilst applying over the last couple of days.
Reply 59
Has anyone heard from Temple Court Chambers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending