The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2015

And so it begins......

Some deadlines for regional sets have already passed. About time a thread was started to comfort each other after the endless rejections!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
WOW! already?! Good luck to every applicant... May you all but your "best foot forward".

And so it begins indeed...

Original post by Pupillage_Seeker
And so it begins......

Some deadlines for regional sets have already passed. About time a thread was started to comfort each other after the endless rejections!
Reply 2
My turn to join in. Been following the last thread all the way through. Battle armor anyone?
Reply 3
Has anyone heard anything from either 2 Dr Johnson's Buildings or 4KBW (Lawrence Power)?
Anyone apply to Trinity chambers, Colchester? Deadline 7 November. Offering 3 pupillages starting 2015 and 2016. Anyone got interviews?
Reply 5
Original post by Can't
Has anyone heard anything from either 2 Dr Johnson's Buildings or 4KBW (Lawrence Power)?

2 Dr Johnson's Buildings took 10 weeks to respond last year, so if that's a guide, we should hear in December. Would be good to know if/when you hear
Reply 6
Thanks! Will post on here when I hear... hopefully it'll be good news!
Original post by Sir Farndale
Anyone apply to Trinity chambers, Colchester? Deadline 7 November. Offering 3 pupillages starting 2015 and 2016. Anyone got interviews?

I was notified of an interview from trinity chambers a few days ago.

Would be grateful for any assistance from anyone, this is really my first year applying. I've read a lot online and barristers have given me advice

All I know is that its 20-30 minutes long with a 5 minute advocacy exercise. I'm reading up articles from the past few months on areas of law I talked about in my covering letter; big news stories of this year; the chambers website; and....more articles on law
Original post by TempestLaw
I was notified of an interview from trinity chambers a few days ago.

Would be grateful for any assistance from anyone, this is really my first year applying. I've read a lot online and barristers have given me advice

All I know is that its 20-30 minutes long with a 5 minute advocacy exercise. I'm reading up articles from the past few months on areas of law I talked about in my covering letter; big news stories of this year; the chambers website; and....more articles on law

Hi congratulations on the interview, how were you notified?
Original post by Pupillage_Seeker
Hi congratulations on the interview, how were you notified?

Thank you

Apologies, I should have said. Through email. I didn't get a letter in the post or a phone call.
Here we go again!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Third year of applying, I've never received an offer for interview via the gateway, however I've got around 70% success rate for interview invites through the non gateway system. I don't have a clue why such a difference either!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SIE2013
Third year of applying, I've never received an offer for interview via the gateway, however I've got around 70% success rate for interview invites through the non gateway system. I don't have a clue why such a difference either!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is impressive! and the gateway is weird, I got an interview from a gateway chambers and my application had typos (I am ashamed, but I was ill and heavily medicated when I wrote it), yet a non olpas application I thought was perfect was rejected.
Just popping on here to say thank you to people over the past few years for posting regarding interview invites etc. as it has been a useful alternative to checking my email inbox every 5 minutes. Thankfully I no longer have to endure writing pupillage applications but good luck to those of you that are still hunting for pupillage.
2 dj, anyone?
Original post by Cloudruler
Just popping on here to say thank you to people over the past few years for posting regarding interview invites etc. as it has been a useful alternative to checking my email inbox every 5 minutes. Thankfully I no longer have to endure writing pupillage applications but good luck to those of you that are still hunting for pupillage.

Well done!
Is anyone else confused over the Bank House Chambers advert on the Gateway? It says they are advertising 3 x 12 month pupillages yet the description says:

"Candidates must be able to show that they have received confirmation from the Qualifications Committee of the Bar Standards Board that they are not required to undertake a full 12 month pupillage."

Just wondering if anyone asked them what exactly they're looking for?
Anyone heard from Farringdon or College Chambers?
Reply 18
Farringdon held interviews last week
Original post by cwest1889
Is anyone else confused over the Bank House Chambers advert on the Gateway? It says they are advertising 3 x 12 month pupillages yet the description says:

"Candidates must be able to show that they have received confirmation from the Qualifications Committee of the Bar Standards Board that they are not required to undertake a full 12 month pupillage."

Just wondering if anyone asked them what exactly they're looking for?

I have a friend that's entitled to, I think, three months of a pupillage due to their advocacy work. I imagine it's that sort of candidate that they're looking for

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending