The Student Room Group

Will one bad grade (D/E) affect my chances of getting into a Russell Group university

Thanks for reading :smile:

My question is:
if I get all A's and A*'s in English, Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, History, ICT, and Business studies, will a really bad Grade at D or even an E Spanish mean that I can't get into a Russell group university, preferably Oxford or Cambridge, to study Law?

oh, and also what would you recommend studying at A-level?

thankyou
Original post by Lewis_1527
Thanks for reading :smile:

My question is:
if I get all A's and A*'s in English, Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, History, ICT, and Business studies, will a really bad Grade at D or even an E Spanish mean that I can't get into a Russell group university, preferably Oxford or Cambridge, to study Law?

oh, and also what would you recommend studying at A-level?

thankyou

If those grades that you mentioned above are from GCSE and you are planning to apply for Oxbridge, that D or E will definitely lower your chances. I'm not sure for other Russell Group universities, but for Oxbridge, it's dangerous to apply even if you have a B.

I don't do A-levels, but anything essay-based would be preferable
Original post by wellthere'sthat
if those grades that you mentioned above are from gcse and you are planning to apply for oxbridge, that d or e will definitely lower your chances. I'm not sure for other russell group universities, but for oxbridge, it's dangerous to apply even if you have a b.

I don't do a-levels, but anything essay-based would be preferable

i got ds and i was ill but im doing alevels now and if i ace them do i have a chance
Original post by sophiamarni
i got ds and i was ill but im doing alevels now and if i ace them do i have a chance

Not with oxford because if you have anything less than about 6 a*s you're not even considered
Reply 4
With any RG uni other than Oxford or Cambridge, no.
You can get in via foundation year if you **** up at A-level.
I really thought I had a chance oh well
Oxbridge will tell you to jog on but other places would consider you.
Original post by sophiamarni
I really thought I had a chance oh well

You shouldn't let that deter you from applying to other Russell Brand universities though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest