The Student Room Group

Adult nursing 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
I wonder if you can help? I have a nursing interview for bournemouth uni next week, do you know if the code of practice is the 6cs or is it 1 prioritise ppl, 2 practice effectively, 3 preserve safety, 4 promote professionalism and trust

Jess123
Hi Jess,

The code of practice is:

1. Prioritise people
2. Practice effectively,
3. Preserve safety
4. Promote professionalism and trust

The 6 C's of Nursing are the 'values and behaviours' that underpin compassion in practice.

Hope this helps Jess and good luck :wink: XX
Hey. I heard the other day that the maintenance loan was ending for next year but I can't find anything re this online? Does anyone know anything about this?
I've been offered a place at 2 great universities, I loved the atmosphere for both of them during my numerous visits. One is closer to home with a smaller cohort and the other is an extra 30mins away, but higher on the league table. I'm so torn! People who i've spoken to say go for the one further away, which i'm siding towards, but the distance to campus puts me off a tiny bit. Just wondering if there's any nursing students who live at home, but travel 30-45mins to get to campus? :frown:
Original post by Mint_Tea
I've been offered a place at 2 great universities, I loved the atmosphere for both of them during my numerous visits. One is closer to home with a smaller cohort and the other is an extra 30mins away, but higher on the league table. I'm so torn! People who i've spoken to say go for the one further away, which i'm siding towards, but the distance to campus puts me off a tiny bit. Just wondering if there's any nursing students who live at home, but travel 30-45mins to get to campus? :frown:

Hi, congrats on the offers. I've firmed to go DMU and I've decided to commute so I'm going to be having to travel about 30minutes on the train and 5/10minute walk from train station to uni everyday. Then they'll be the placements but I think it'll be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucyc87
Hey. I heard the other day that the maintenance loan was ending for next year but I can't find anything re this online? Does anyone know anything about this?

Hey!
If you start uni this year (e.g September 2015) then this does NOT apply to us, it will only apply to all of the students going through the further education system after us. Thus, we are still able to apply for a maintenance grant from Student Finance England. Hope this helps.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by lucymjh
Hey!
If you start uni this year (e.g September 2015) then this does NOT apply to us, it will only apply to all of the students going through the further education system after us. Thus, we are still able to apply for a maintenance loan from Student Finance England. Hope this helps.

Hi. Thanks for replying. So even though my course is 3 years, I'm still able to get the maintenance loan for the 2nd and 3rd year?
Original post by Lucyc87
Hi. Thanks for replying. So even though my course is 3 years, I'm still able to get the maintenance loan for the 2nd and 3rd year?

Hey :-)
Yes, that is what the government have said. The people applying to go to university now (to start in September 2016) will not be able to receive a maintenance grant. They are still available to us, though.
Here is a news article on it all: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-33444557
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by dopenojoke
Does anyone have any tips/advice on how to prepare for scenario-based questions?

I'd suggest reading through policies and guidelines e.g. NICE guidelines, Trust policies if you have access. What scenarios do you mean? A clinical scenario? Ethical? Etc?
Reply 729
Original post by annaflood
Hello!

Has anyone (either currently applying or current student) applied only to Plymouth for the Adult Nursing BSc? I'll be applying as a mature student (well - 29) for the Feb 2016 intake, as I'm currently working and living in London.

I'm really committed to a career change to Adult Nursing and would dearly love to move nearer to my home county of Cornwall, and eventually to work in that area. Hence I would particularly like to study at Plymouth, which would give me a good degree with the option of going on to work anywhere in the UK (I'm not averse to a bit of relocation again in a few years - just currently tired of London life!).

Have any of you just tailored your application to Plymouth, to study only at Plymouth (or the Truro campus), and has this been successful, or would you advise against it?

Aware from first degree that you're usually advised to broaden your options!

Any advice gratefully appreciated :smile:

Hello!
Are you still applying for Adult nursing for the feb intake next year? I have my interview in a couple of weeks, ahh!

xx
Original post by Mint_Tea

Congrats on the offers! I travel over an hour to get to uni, and its worth it because I enjoy the course and i love the university. So I'd say go with whatever you prefer :smile:
What is the written assessment if you dont ming me asking. X
Original post by Twirlycurlygirl

Hi, I have applied for UWE and Oxford Brookes and have been offered interviews at both. Oxford Brookes don't do a numeracy test, they ask for a group activity and a formal interview. You do have to do a piece of writing after the group activity. :smile:
Hi, I was wondering if you can get offers for adult nursing without interviews??
What did you have to do fr the piece of writing if you dont mind me asking. X
Original post by kayleighjayne13
What is the written assessment if you dont ming me asking. X
Original post by jaspreetaujla
Hi, I was wondering if you can get offers for adult nursing without interviews??

Pretty sure most unis interview nursing applicants.
Original post by jaspreetaujla

As far as i know, you can't. Interviews are compulsory in whichever university you apply to.
If anyone wants any help with their interviews feel free to drop me a message and i'll try to help as much as I can. I was in your position last year so I know how stressful/nerve wrecking it can be but i'm here to extend a helping hand if anyone needs it.
Reply 737
Original post by dopenojoke
If anyone wants any help with their interviews feel free to drop me a message and i'll try to help as much as I can. I was in your position last year so I know how stressful/nerve wrecking it can be but i'm here to extend a helping hand if anyone needs it.

Hi! Just wondering if you know what the literacy exams are like? I'm so worried because I just don't know what to expect and I have an interview tomorrow. Thank you for the help:smile:
Original post by clmj12
Hi! Just wondering if you know what the literacy exams are like? I'm so worried because I just don't know what to expect and I have an interview tomorrow. Thank you for the help:smile:

Hey, I'm not really sure because the university where I applied to literally stopped doing literacy and numeracy tests only for last year so I was quite lucky. I'd assume it would be related to the NHS and something that's related to the 6C's. Good luck on your interview!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending