The Student Room Group

Applying during Gap Year

I'm still in Year 12, but I'd rather just get things clear so I won't be confused. I am planning on doing a gap year, and I remember reading how applying during it would be useful in that one will be able to use ones actual achieved grades in the application, and in that any experience one has during the gap year might be helpful in the personal statement.

However, my plan for the gap year will include working (probably full time) from September to December, and then doing whatever I have planned from late December/early January until mid-June or so.
This means I'll submit my application around November or December at the latest, and I wouldn't have anything I did in my gap year to include in the personal statement.

That won't be too much of a problem would it? Would it be beneficial for me to say I would be doing a gap year, and perhaps mention what I would be doing for those months?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Well try to fit in any work experience in the summer holidays before then so you can write about it but no it wont be a problem if you do that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending