The Student Room Group

A levels - Dropping an A-level ?

Hi guys,

I am currently in my second (A2) year of a-levels and i'm doing Biology, Psychology and Drama. I am enjoying the first 2 and I do enjoy working at it, but Drama not so much. Drama in AS was OK since I had 2 teachers ( one was good, the other awfully rude and i took a straight dislike ) despite the grade I got. Now in A2, the OTHER mean teacher is my teacher for the whole of A2 and its just her. I generally disliked all of her lessons in AS and i generally just can't stand her. Whenever i have drama, it puts me off knowing shes my teacher and I have to go there. I know your probably thinking '' omg just get over it shes ur TEACHER '', but the main thing is i dislike the course right now. That's probably the main thing. I have no idea why I kept A2 drama, I was almost certain I was going to drop it. I don't want to continue with it right now. I'll do drama related things throughout next year, but this A-level is really annoying me now. I just want to leave it. My dad really REALLY hates the fact I am doing Drama A-level, as where he is from he thinks it is useless and I am sure if I sat and had a chat about it, he'd want me to drop it. Don't get me wrong, i LOVE drama but just NOT at this particular SCHOOL.

1) Is there anything else on the side I can do if i ( most likely ) drop it? Can I pick up another A-level ?

2)Can i drop it or is it too late? Guys i'm desperate for your advice right now. I'm really annoyed and upset.
Ask your school?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You are able to drop a subject, but would mean you may have to retake the year in that one subject. That would then mean you would get half the qualification

Quick Reply

Latest