Visit website

adult nursing march 2015 intake

Scroll to see replies

Oh what's wrong with your car? 🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Haha it's just old and runs really hot lol I'm travelling up the day before and staying in Cardiff overnight all else fails at least there's a train lol! 😄 xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone got an interview for adult nursing at Cardiff university for september 2015?
I think it's this week cardiff are sending out invitations for sept 2015?! Do they combine march 2016 interviews with September 2015 or they done at different times of the year .... Anybody know
I had my interview at the same time as the September interviews last year because I applied for September but got put on the March start so I think they get them all done at the same time 😃 good luck to you all and don't worry about nerves cause I was a ball of nerves at my interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi swannie ... What questions did they ask you?! Did you have a choice between September and march intake?!
Original post by Swannie15
I had my interview at the same time as the September interviews last year because I applied for September but got put on the March start so I think they get them all done at the same time 😃 good luck to you all and don't worry about nerves cause I was a ball of nerves at my interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was a multiple mini interview which is much better than a traditional interview of sitting in front of a few people asking you questions so in a room they had 5 tables set up with room dividers around them and each person is given a seat outside of each one and given two minutes and the information needed for the task which you have to complete and then you have 5 minutes on the other side of the divider with an interviewer to complete the task and as a timer goes off you swap stations I think we had 5 minutes in each station.

I had to tell the interviewer how to make an origami swan (testing communication), I had to do a simple maths test (testing whether you can do drug calculations) but don't worry they weren't hard, one station I had to watch a short video about dignity in care and then answer questions on how to maintain dignity in care. I had another station which questioned morals and doing the right thing which was from a case study; and finally the other one I can remember ids scenario of being in a plane crash and we had to pick 5 items out of 10 and then justify why we had picked them it was all a bit strange but it was testing out reasoning.

Sorry for such a long post but I know I would have liked to know a bit abut it before I went however it may change this year because I know last year when I was having my interview it was the first time they had tried doing it that way so depending on the feedback then they may have changed it, hope it helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks swannie that's fab really helps alot .... If I turned up not knowing I may have been overwhelmed with so much going on hopefully. And don't apologise for your long message You really are helpful and I think your going to make a fab nurse putting so much effort into helping others :smile:))) good luck with your studies x
It was a multiple mini interview which is much better than a traditional interview of sitting in front of a few people asking you questions so in a room they had 5 tables set up with room dividers around them and each person is given a seat outside of each one and given two minutes and the information needed for the task which you have to complete and then you have 5 minutes on the other side of the divider with an interviewer to complete the task and as a timer goes off you swap stations I think we had 5 minutes in each station.

I had to tell the interviewer how to make an origami swan (testing communication), I had to do a simple maths test (testing whether you can do drug calculations) but don't worry they weren't hard, one station I had to watch a short video about dignity in care and then answer questions on how to maintain dignity in care. I had another station which questioned morals and doing the right thing which was from a case study; and finally the other one I can remember ids scenario of being in a plane crash and we had to pick 5 items out of 10 and then justify why we had picked them it was all a bit strange but it was testing out reasoning.

Sorry for such a long post but I know I would have liked to know a bit abut it before I went however it may change this year because I know last year when I was having my interview it was the first time they had tried doing it that way so depending on the feedback then they may have changed it, hope it helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Icannotthink
Thanks swannie that's fab really helps alot .... If I turned up not knowing I may have been overwhelmed with so much going on hopefully. And don't apologise for your long message You really are helpful and I think your going to make a fab nurse putting so much effort into helping others :smile:))) good luck with your studies x

Ahhhh thank you very much for your kind words! 😊 another tip would be to brig up any previous experience when relevant; I hope your interviews go well and you get into your university of choice 😄 xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you sooo much xx
Ahhhh thank you very much for your kind words! ������ another tip would be to brig up any previous experience when relevant; I hope your interviews go well and you get into your university of choice ������ xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys any of you staying in liberty house?? Xx

Hey, I'll be staying in Liberty House and studying Adult Nursing 😁 moving up on the 28th just can't believe how fast it's coming around 🙊
Oh I know it's all a bit scary that it's only 2 and a bit weeks away! I'm in room 8 I think! I'm moving in on the 27th 😄 xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh I think I'm in room four!! Are you going to the welcome day on Wednesday? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I am going down on Tuesday night staying in a hotel the night before hand because I didn't fancy leaving at 6.30am Wednesday morning!! Are you going?? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I'll be there but going down just for the day but will have to leave early to get there in time!! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Those who went to the welcome day, I hope you enjoyed it and are looking forward to starting.

If you have any questions feel free to ask...Im a current student and good luck when you start!
I've still yet to hear if I got an interview and with dates looming I'm feeling less optimistic :frown:((( however I still haven't received a rejection .... Anyone else share my pain?
Hi swannie what were the drug calculations at cardiff?!? I'm really nervous for the maths component xx
Oh okay, I hope they let us know soon! I don't think they have said anything in a letter about our start date xx
Honestly I was really nervous about the maths but the questions were really easy, normally if you go onto the university's website then you can find practice questions but it was simple things such as:

A solution is made up 1:5 and there is 10ml of drug how much fluid is needed to make up the solution.

Of which the answer would be 50ml

Obviously that wasn't one of the questions but I couldn't remember any of them properly, I'm not the best at maths but I did alright on it.

If you have applied to other universities then they may have different questions for example UWE Bristol their questions were really difficult

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is how daft I am ... So like 1:5 that's a fraction get so you just times the solution by 5 to get 50ml?! Is it fractions , multiplications percentages and stuff I have had a look at a few but would prefer to focus what I need to know so I can look to read over other things .... Very short notice I've been told I got an interview Monday so will need to get myself together quite quickly I really want cardiff xx
Honestly I was really nervous about the maths but the questions were really easy, normally if you go onto the university's website then you can find practice questions but it was simple things such as:

A solution is made up 1:5 and there is 10ml of drug how much fluid is needed to make up the solution.

Of which the answer would be 50ml

Obviously that wasn't one of the questions but I couldn't remember any of them properly, I'm not the best at maths but I did alright on it.

If you have applied to other universities then they may have different questions for example UWE Bristol their questions were really difficult

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending