The Student Room Group

Death by diet

Hey I'm posting because i really need to change up my diet but i need ideas to start.

First, I have about £20 a week for food for just myself.
second, I can't eat any fruit or veg because of my hypersensitivity unless it's processed like sauce or chips ext
third, i train almost daily at the gym so i but food that gives long term energy
fourth, i have eating disorders and iIcan change from his eating anything for a few days to eating a week's worth of food

Also i try to cook a meal from scratch each week.

Basically I'm done eating spaghetti every day of the week...
What is your question exactly?

Why can't you eat fruit and veg?... What is hypersensitivity?

You need to be cooking more than just one meal a week yourself... What do you eat the rest of the time?!

Maybe post a typical days food.
Reply 2
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
What is your question exactly?

Why can't you eat fruit and veg?... What is hypersensitivity?

You need to be cooking more than just one meal a week yourself... What do you eat the rest of the time?!

Maybe post a typical days food.

My question is what food can anyone recommend that I'm able to eat and will keep me healthy.

ADHD meaning I'm hypersensitive to taste in my case meaning i don't like many foods textures and they will make my physically sick

Daily diet?

Canned spaghetti x1
Tanto Apple x2-4
maybe a second can of spaghetti later in the day?
sweets

There you go that's what i eat daily give or take a random sausage roll or burger...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Arkarian
My question is what food can anyone recommend that I'm able to eat and will keep me healthy.

ADHD meaning I'm hypersensitive to taste in my case meaning i don't like many foods textures and they will make my physically sick

Daily diet?

Canned spaghetti x1
Tanto Apple x2-4
maybe a second can of spaghetti later in the day?
sweets

There you go that's what i eat daily give or take a random sausage roll or burger...

Wow...

What are tanto apples?

And... Wow...

You need:

Meat (seriously.. Where's the protein?)
Wholegrains
Veg
Fruit

(Yes I know you say you can't eat them, but surely there is so much variety you can find something you like.. I mean.. A melon hardly has the same texture as a carrot does it? Maybe make it into a smoothie?)

Some sort of dairy.. Milk? Yoghurt?
Nuts/seeds/beans/lentils/pulses

Multivitamin tablets
Reply 4
Wow...

What are tanto apples?

And... Wow...

You need:

Meat (seriously.. Where's the protein?)
Wholegrains
Veg
Fruit

(Yes I know you say you can't eat them, but surely there is so much variety you can find something you like.. I mean.. A melon hardly has the same texture as a carrot does it? Maybe make it into a smoothie?)

Some sort of dairy.. Milk? Yoghurt?
Nuts/seeds/beans/lentils/pulses

Multivitamin tablets

Tango Apple -auto correct (fizzy drink)

I do sometimes buy corned beef or spam and then i eat the whole thing out of the can in the next 2 hours

Whole grains? Wouldn't that be like canned spaghetti.? Ok bread... XD

And i mean all bar one or two fruit and veg actually make me throw up.

I do sometimes drink milk but not often.

Oh yeah i do buy salted peanuts.

Forgot to add I already take multi vitamins because iI have B and D deficiency
(edited 9 years ago)
Tango Apple -auto correct (fizzy drink)

I do sometimes buy corned beef or spam and then i eat the whole thing out of the can in the next 2 hours

Whole grains? Wouldn't that be like canned spaghetti.? Ok bread... XD

And i mean all bar one or two fruit and veg actually make me throw up.

I do sometimes drink milk but not often.

Oh yeah i do buy salted peanuts.

Stop drinking apple tango. Just stop. It's disgusting.

Wholegrains, no that's not canned spaghetti. That's basically just white spaghetti in a load of sugar. Fine once in a while but there's no nutrition in it. You need wholewheat pasta/spaghetti, brown bread, oats, brown rice etc. You keep relying on sugary crap to get your energy, which isn't healthy.

OK so whichever two fruit and veg don't make you throw up. Eat them. Whizz them up into a sauce if you must, just get them into your body.

Could you make your own spaghetti by using brown spaghetti, whizz up some tomatoes and onions with stock so it's completely smooth and that's it. Maybe add some mince and you've got a half decent meal.

Stop eating salted peanuts, unsalted only. Try cashews, almonds, pistachios too.
Reply 6
Take a multi vitamin if you don't eat fruit or veg. Can you do smoothies? If so start with them, frozen banana in milk tastes like and ice cream drink so is probably a good start, you can't taste spinach in smoothies so add in that then try adding different fruit and veg. If you do nothing else then take the multi vit at least.
Reply 7
Stop drinking apple tango. Just stop. It's disgusting.

Wholegrains, no that's not canned spaghetti. That's basically just white spaghetti in a load of sugar. Fine once in a while but there's no nutrition in it. You need wholewheat pasta/spaghetti, brown bread, oats, brown rice etc. You keep relying on sugary crap to get your energy, which isn't healthy.

OK so whichever two fruit and veg don't make you throw up. Eat them. Whizz them up into a sauce if you must, just get them into your body.

Could you make your own spaghetti by using brown spaghetti, whizz up some tomatoes and onions with stock so it's completely smooth and that's it. Maybe add some mince and you've got a half decent meal.

Stop eating salted peanuts, unsalted only. Try cashews, almonds, pistachios too.

So what should i drink?

Ok so Brown stuff bread rice ect.
make my own spaghetti? Sounds interesting I'll look into that.

I'd never really considered smoothies as a thing before lol, I wonder if i have a blender somewhere.

No salted stuff? Ok yeah can see that.

Cool thanks.
Reply 8
Original post by BKS
Take a multi vitamin if you don't eat fruit or veg. Can you do smoothies? If so start with them, frozen banana in milk tastes like and ice cream drink so is probably a good start, you can't taste spinach in smoothies so add in that then try adding different fruit and veg. If you do nothing else then take the multi vit at least.

yeah i take multi anyway, I'm gonna need to get a blender and some recipes lol
Reply 9
yeah i take multi anyway, I'm gonna need to get a blender and some recipes lol

Make even 10 of them and you'll have a god idea what you like and what goes well so could just throw them together

1 cup = 250ml
Reply 10
Thanks guys, is there anything else you can think of for meals i could buy or make? I can't think of many dishes other than like pasta or similar. I could make soup but i don't have away to store it if i made a bunch and didn't eat the rest.
Thanks guys, is there anything else you can think of for meals i could buy or make? I can't think of many dishes other than like pasta or similar. I could make soup but i don't have away to store it if i made a bunch and didn't eat the rest.

I actually don't see beans on toast which is incredible
Reply 12
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
I actually don't see beans on toast which is incredible

Ah yeah theres that also, thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest