The Student Room Group

Rigevidon Advice

I need some advice about rigevidon please.

I started taking it last week due to medical reasons (possible endometriosis, irregular periods and also extremely difficult periods.) However, I also suffer from mental health problems (severe depression, an eating disorder and anxiety.) Since taking it I've been nauseous, had headaches, been much more tearful than usual, irritable, craving everything and have gained weight. I know they are normal symptoms but I was stupidly hoping I would be a lucky one who wouldn't experience them. I have no mental health support and I'm not able to deal with all these cravings (as I struggle with binge eating sometimes anyway) and this weight gain. I've been doing well and managed to maintain a low but almost healthy weight recently and I'm scared this is going to just send me backwards.

I'm seriously considering coming off them now. I know my GP probably would say to wait it out but I don't think I can. What would happen if I stopped taking them now?
Original post by annakaty
I need some advice about rigevidon please.

I started taking it last week due to medical reasons (possible endometriosis, irregular periods and also extremely difficult periods.) However, I also suffer from mental health problems (severe depression, an eating disorder and anxiety.) Since taking it I've been nauseous, had headaches, been much more tearful than usual, irritable, craving everything and have gained weight. I know they are normal symptoms but I was stupidly hoping I would be a lucky one who wouldn't experience them. I have no mental health support and I'm not able to deal with all these cravings (as I struggle with binge eating sometimes anyway) and this weight gain. I've been doing well and managed to maintain a low but almost healthy weight recently and I'm scared this is going to just send me backwards.

I'm seriously considering coming off them now. I know my GP probably would say to wait it out but I don't think I can. What would happen if I stopped taking them now?

I can't offer much advice but am in a similar position myself. I have been taking them for a week and feel so stressed and anxious for no reason and want to eat everythin! :s-smilie: I hope that your symptoms stop soon!
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I can't offer much advice but am in a similar position myself. I have been taking them for a week and feel so stressed and anxious for no reason and want to eat everythin! :s-smilie: I hope that your symptoms stop soon!

I ended up stopping them after 6 days as it was just too much. I'm going to speak to my GP on Thursday to see if she can do anything else. Very anxious about it as I know she'll think I didn't try it properly and was silly to stop but I feel so much better food wise now I have.
Hope things ease for you soon.
Reply 3
I got given these tablets because of my awful period pains and I start on my next period. I'll keep you updated on how mine goes
Reply 4
I've been on them three weeks and gained 4lb my craving for food or if I'm hungry and see food is literally like venom (if anyone has seen it) it's all sugar I want which I've always been more savory, help!

Quick Reply

Latest