The Student Room Group

Ukmt senior maths challenge 2014 THREAD

Well guys is tomorrow!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thatapanydude
Well guys is tomorrow!

Yes, it is!
How long is it supposed to be if anyone knows?
Anyone actually preparing for it?
I don't want to do it but I'm being forced by my school :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AstroNandos

90 minutes.

Original post by nectempus
Anyone actually preparing for it?

I might have a look at a couple of papers briefly. Not any real preparation but it's nice to go into the exam with the question style fresh in your head.

Original post by tanyapotter
I don't want to do it but I'm being forced by my school :/
Posted from TSR Mobile

Try to enjoy it! It's a chance to do some interesting questions that aren't monotonous like the rest of A Level Maths.
Original post by AstroNandos

1 1/2 hours
Oh my gosh guys, I'm really excited! But I'm missing double Maths to do it. :frown:
I was going to do it tomorrow, but it's £1 at our college and I'd be missing three lessons of maths :eek:
are we allowed a calculator??
Original post by thatapanydude
are we allowed a calculator??

No.
i did it today
Reply 12
I had the MAT today and have this tomorrow. After the MAT, anything is going to be easier.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The questions are SO HARD :frown:
Reply 14
It's so hard lol some questions are really easy but some wordy questions in the beginning catch me off, and oh boy, last few questions...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing it. My performance seems to vary wildly depending on the paper, so I'm hoping for some questions I can tackle easily tomorrow!
Original post by Azzer11
The questions are SO HARD :frown:

Original post by C0balt
It's so hard lol some questions are really easy but some wordy questions in the beginning catch me off, and oh boy, last few questions...
Posted from TSR Mobile

I suggest you don't look at the British Mathematical Olympiad then, those questions are mental! When I did an easier version in Year 11 (the intermediate Olympiad), I literally spent three and a half hours (it's a long bloody paper) staring at my paper in despair and not doing much else.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Chlorophile
I suggest you don't look at the British Mathematical Olympiad then, those questions are mental! When I did an easier version in Year 11 (the intermediate Olympiad), I literally spent three and a half hours (it's a long bloody paper) staring at my paper in despair and not doing much else.

Lol I probably won't get in anyway XD Kangaroo is realistic though. Although it's so hard I could do most of challenge ignoring the fact that I didn't time myself whatsoever XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing it tomorrow as well...
I'm actually a bit scared since I usually make the most stupid mistakes possible and it will deduct points for wrong answers. ;_;
Reply 19
Original post by ChanceFighter
I'm doing it tomorrow as well...
I'm actually a bit scared since I usually make the most stupid mistakes possible and it will deduct points for wrong answers. ;_;

Lol don't worry it's not A levels or anything people won't know you even did the challenge without you telling it we should just relax and have fun :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending