The Student Room Group

Choosing my final A Level subject

I'm currently in the process of applying for a sixth form (I'm not going to tell you, but may tell you if you guess right).

In the future, I want to be a games developer/designer, but am also contemplating becoming an Air Traffic Controller (ATC).

The GCSEs that I am taking at the moment are:
Mathematics, Core Science (Already taken), Additional Science, English Literature, English Language, Media Studies, Business Studies, Religious Studies, ICT, and French.

The subjects that I have "confirmed" for A Level that I want to do are:
Government and Politics, Mathematics, and Physics.

This means that I have one subject left out of (bold means I would most likely qualify):
Modern History, History of Art, Chemistry, Geography, Theology, Economics, Spanish, German, Japanese, French, Latin, Music, and Art.

I don't know which I should take, and I want some advice. I like Chemistry, but don't know what I would do with it beyond A Level. I also like French, but don't like the writing/speaking assessments.

Thanks for reading,

Gogojakeo
Can you take Computing at your college, as that would be a good a-level to take if you want to do a degree relevant to becoming a games developer?
Other than that, I would just say take the subjects you enjoy the most! French could be good - I see a fair few job adverts for jobs in the games industry who want someone who speaks another language, to be involved in translating text for the game for example, so that could give you an edge over the competition if you were fluent.

Quick Reply

Latest