The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Psychology in UNI of Edinburgh a good idea?

Hi there,

I ll be applying for either business management degree, psychology degree (or combination of both) or Business with Enterprise and Innovation

but from what I have read on "Which?university" students were VERY unsatisfied. way lower than other unis..

Is psychology in Edin. that bad or is it just wrong info.

What is the strenght of University of Edinburgh?

Thanks for the answers

peace :afro:
Reply 1
You should try checking the league tables and filter it to Business management, that would give you a real perspective on what uni would offer the best.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by Crystxl
You should try checking the league tables and filter it to Business management, that would give you a real perspective on what uni would offer the best.

I wanted to hear if someone knows more than I do beacuse I have checked 2 pages. One national student survey says students were not satisfied but "http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings" says the opposite.. hard to decide which one is right.. :tongue:
Original post by krystof
I wanted to hear if someone knows more than I do beacuse I have checked 2 pages. One national student survey says students were not satisfied but "http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings" says the opposite.. hard to decide which one is right.. :tongue:

I can't really comment on Edinburgh but I know that St Andrews has high satisfaction rates and I do notice that the university is very very responsive when it comes to students. They really do try to meet student needs very well. Service with a smile really.
Reply 4
Thanks for your answer but man.. St. Andrews is full of top students. I wanna go to university not to hunger games. I dont believe St. Andrews, this top 4th best UK uni has relaxed atmosphere. Definitely I believe in their personal contact but you need to have the best grades which I dont, though I love and respect myself a 100% I would definitely manage all the stuff there I just dont like extreme competition.
Original post by krystof
Thanks for your answer but man.. St. Andrews is full of top students. I wanna go to university not to hunger games. I dont believe St. Andrews, this top 4th best UK uni has relaxed atmosphere. Definitely I believe in their personal contact but you need to have the best grades which I dont, though I love and respect myself a 100% I would definitely manage all the stuff there I just dont like extreme competition.

St Andrews isn't 4th in the UK. It's full of posh boys and private schoolers. Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. Also i wouldn't rely on league tables personally, they are very subjective
Original post by langlitz
St Andrews isn't 4th in the UK. It's full of posh boys and private schoolers. Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. Also i wouldn't rely on league tables personally, they are very subjective

And Edinburgh isn't? Lets face it, if a university is good its going to have a lot of posh people and private schoolers. Also this effect is amplified the more the school leans towards arts as opposed to sciences.
Reply 7
Edinburgh uni is as well maybe not that much..anyways I am not applying there anymore.
Thank you everyone for your helpful and awesome responses. :smile:

Love you guys! may see you there next year fingers-crossed

Krystof

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending