The Student Room Group

Need some help (BTEC National Certificate)

Hey all.

I'm currently doing a BTEC National Certificate course at college, and I'm into my second and final year now. What I need help with is what I will/can do after its done and over with.

I haven't consulted my tutors yet, but will do mid-year. I've done some quick searches on it and the Edexcel website says I can either gain employment at the workplace, in this case Leeds Bradford/Manchester Airport, or tha I can carry on for a BTEC Foundation Degree in one of three subjects.

Now I really don't know what to do, bit of a dilemma you could say. Employment, nohing hard to understand about that, but I'm needing a bit of advice on the degree part.

1. Will I have to go to uni for it? I mean, my tutor mentioned something about higher education but I think it's more to do with pilot courses. Also, will I have to pay for it? I'm turning 18 in December so may have to, right?

2. Say I finish the degree course, what can I do after that? I'm thinking of doing an aviation management course, but one must wonder how long I can keep going on in education for, since I'm not actually getting any income which at this stage is vital. The management course is about 2/3 years and £1500. Setting me back or what!

Anyway, I'm rambling on a bit now, so any advice or info would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Latest

Trending

Trending