The Student Room Group

16 and still never had a boyfriend?

Scroll to see replies

Relationships at 16 are kind of pointless and awkward. I think guys might find it cute if you haven't had a boyfriend before at 18, and at that age if they like you they really won't care less :L
I'm 18 and i never dated and i don't really care. you're still young
Original post by nmnorgan305
I'm 16 and I've never had a boyfriend - i go to an all girls school and don't even know any boys. Most of my friends are starting to get boyfriends, and are considering having sex. I just find the thought of dating awkward, let alone kissing or sex. I'm worried that if I get to uni and have absolutely no dating experience then guys are going to be put off dating me. Is this true? How many people would you guess go to uni with no experience? And guys, would you date someone who's still a complete beginner when it comes to dating at the age of 18?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is normal. Nothing to worry about.

Original post by Gambit92
You're 16 not 30.

Your friends are slags, they think they're cool but guys are just using them for sex. They will most likely end up being single mums.

Well done. You've earned the sticker for being the biggest snob of the day, with bonus points for thinking you look cool by using the word slag! Congratulations!
Many teenagers haven't dated. It's perfectly normal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Don't worry - I'm almost 19 and never had a relationship. :biggrin:
I'm 17 and have been in two relationships and regret both. Don't try and look for a boyfriend just cause everyone else is doing it cause you probably won't like it. I'm not saying that you shouldn't date someone that you like but if you don't like anyone then what's the point?
I didn't get my first proper boyfriend until I was almost 17- don't worry about it, there's no rush.
Get your head in the game gurl
Original post by 53SecondsToGo
Get your head in the game gurl

Gotta, getcha head in the game, gotta gotta gotta gotta gotta getcha head in the game

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yeah dude
Gotta, getcha head in the game, gotta gotta gotta gotta gotta getcha head in the game

Posted from TSR Mobile

appreciate your amount of gottas, seems like youre soaring to new heights
Reply 30
OP, you are depressing, I'm 23, never had a bf, now I feel like a loser in life. Thank you!
Original post by 53SecondsToGo
appreciate your amount of gottas, seems like youre soaring to new heights

Yeah dude, sometimes I just ask what time is it, then I realise it's summer time :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't be ridiculous, you should be glad you didn't lose your virginity at 13 unlike all those other new generation sluts
Why does it matter if you haven't got a boyfriend? Do you want one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
Don't be ridiculous, you should be glad you didn't lose your virginity at 13 unlike all those other new generation sluts

Sorry to take this off topic, but define 'new generation sluts' for me please?
I know its ok for me to say because I am by this stage now but seriously, don't worry about it. At 16, I had only been kissed. At that age I hadn't had a bf or sex yet. It never bothered me but I know it bothers a lot of people. You will meet someone when the time is right. Don't put pressure on yourself to meet someone or bring yourself down just because people you know have started dating. I promise your time will come. It will probably most likely happen when you give up looking for someone tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm 18 and haven't got into a relationship yet.
Original post by nmnorgan305
I'm 16 and I've never had a boyfriend - i go to an all girls school and don't even know any boys. Most of my friends are starting to get boyfriends, and are considering having sex. I just find the thought of dating awkward, let alone kissing or sex. I'm worried that if I get to uni and have absolutely no dating experience then guys are going to be put off dating me. Is this true? How many people would you guess go to uni with no experience? And guys, would you date someone who's still a complete beginner when it comes to dating at the age of 18?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Guys don't care, if your half way attractive looking then they will want to do you for sex. As a woman you won't have to do any work chatting to blokes and they will have to ask you out, that the way all women in this country seem to want it/have it so you might as well do the same and leave it all up to the men and have it all come to you. Once you're out of all female environment it will all just happen so you don't need to bother doing anything unless you happen to be real fat in which case lose the flab.
Reply 38
19 soon and have never had a boyfriend. Don't 16 year-olds have more important things to worry about like their GCSEs?
I'm almost 18 and I've never been in a relationship. A lot of my friends at college have had boyfriends and they all say they regret it and that it was completely pointless - especially as they were not exactly serious relationships. If I were you, I wouldn't even bother thinking about getting in a relationship right away. You should just be patient and wait for the right time because it'll be worth waiting for someone decent and serious about a relationship, as opposed to someone who just wants to play about.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending