The Student Room Group

Girls how important is a guys clothes

This is just a spin off to the other thread.
Basically a guy starts chatting you up,hes got the body of lee priest,a face like david beckham (no homo). Confident and polite etc etc but hes wearing trainers with holes in them. His jacket might be a tad bit small for him but theres potential.
Does he get the number?

Scroll to see replies

Depends, if we're talking ankle-swingers, tie-dye or corduroy then it's a no go.
Don't girls love the look of a guy that just needs some small changes?

I've been playing that angle for years. :awesome:

(Oh who am I kidding I just cba to buy new clothes)
Reply 3
had to google lee priest and ****ing ewww

just ew
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Depends, if we're talking ankle-swingers, tie-dye or corduroy then it's a no go.

Only found out what corduroy was yesterday funnily enough.
Looks like grandma and grandpa clothes
Original post by louieee

just ew

Can we not blaspheme in here please.
Tanks
Reply 6
Original post by louieee

just ew

*screaming noises*
Reply 7
I prefer toned natural looking guys not someone that looks as awful as his. As for the clothes if he looks like a hobo thats a no no :laugh:
Original post by matthewduncan
Tanks

Let's be honest though, his body is hideous.
Reply 9
Tanks

it's okay <3
I am not convinced that most ladies would find the body of Lee Priest that attractive.

There is a happy medium.

I think that as long as your clothes are appropriate, fit well and that you are well groomed, then its acceptable and most women would be happy.

Having said that of course excellent personal hygiene ,a smile and a friendly and engaging personality go a long way and the odd fashion faux pas could be forgiven if these qualities were present also.
Not too important for me. My bf wears socks with sandals and it doesn't bother me xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
Not too important for me. My bf wears socks with sandals and it doesn't bother me xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's true love :lol:
I might look down at the trainers briefly but as long as he doesn't seem like a creeper and we've been talking for more than a minute, then yes he would get the number. Seriously though one guy came up to me and said "Hi I think you're really pretty and you have a nice voice (this was at a karaoke night); can I have your number?" He wasn't that bad looking tbh but I couldn't help but find it a bit weird. Like the guy himself didn't seem weird, but just asking like that struck me as kind of odd.
i admit i have turned into someone who looks like a hobo. i used to look good, but now i havent bought new clothes in ages and only wear the same pair of shoes, which have holes in them etc.

it's actually a great thing imo to walk around like this. i had a friend who would master this skill. he used to wear the same clothes pretty much everyday lol (srs) wore the same 2 shirts all year round, always wore shorts to school, even when it was cold, never had a shave or a haircut, but the reason it worked, was because he was intelligent.
if he was dumb, he could never have pulled it off, but because he was intelligent, he gave off that aura of wisdom that sticks a middle finger up at the rest of the world

that guy was a legend. i think im becoming more like him.
Original post by Dr Pesto
Let's be honest though, his body is hideous.

bro if i had his body i would have sex with myself.
no ho.......
Original post by lou 22
I prefer toned natural looking guys not someone that looks as awful as his. As for the clothes if he looks like a hobo thats a no no :laugh:

ok maybe hes a little bit too much . too much i can deal with lol but awful?.
Comeon man.
and whats a hobo?
Original post by EllieC130
I might look down at the trainers briefly but as long as he doesn't seem like a creeper and we've been talking for more than a minute, then yes he would get the number. Seriously though one guy came up to me and said "Hi I think you're really pretty and you have a nice voice (this was at a karaoke night); can I have your number?" He wasn't that bad looking tbh but I couldn't help but find it a bit weird. Like the guy himself didn't seem weird, but just asking like that struck me as kind of odd.

That seems like a totally sweet way to approach girls, but IDK your opinion I guess :smile:
Original post by Willburrr
That seems like a totally sweet way to approach girls, but IDK your opinion I guess :smile:

I was flatter and all just- I don't know, maybe it's because I don't get approached that often XD
Reply 19
ok maybe hes a little bit too much . too much i can deal with lol but awful?.
Comeon man.
and whats a hobo?

He is completely overdone it, awful is a bit too much for real.

Tramp in other words.

Quick Reply

Latest