The Student Room Group

Are all the white Brits secretly bitching about immigrants?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Atomix330
In response to your original question, no. Yet some do.

What they forget is that without immigrants we wouldn't have things like the Mini and other "national treaures" as their creators were immigrants.

The mini is a national treasure :confused:

What other national treasures have immigrants made ?
Reply 61
Original post by -Native Briton-
The mini is a national treasure :confused:

What other national treasures have immigrants made ?

The NHS :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The NHS was not created by immigrants try again please.
Reply 63
The NHS was not created by immigrants try again please.

Wouldn't be here without them.

Besides most immigrants only came in the last century. Some immigrant communities are doing very well, E.g Chinese diaspora. Doing better than British white children in schools at some levels :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!

Besides most immigrants only came in the last century. Some immigrant communities are doing very well, E.g Chinese diaspora. Doing better than British white children in schools at some levels :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes it would be here without them. The NHS existed before mass immigration happened to this country.

As for your comment about chinese children doing well at school <------ what does this have to do with this topic ???
Original post by Ggmu!

What you mean is that the British State has chosen to prioritise importing third worlders to staff the NHS rather than facilitating the training of the indigenous population.

It's meaningless to use the "Chinese diaspora" as a reason to promote immigration as a good thing, since you have to take the good with the bad. For instance, the Somali population are doing significantly worse than white children, and are not remotely an asset to this country, but because of the anti-white ideology of political correctness, to mention this would be racist, whereas talking about ethnic groups who out-perform whites is encouraged.
Not all, but more than one thinks.
Reply 67
Yes it would be here without them. The NHS existed before mass immigration happened to this country.

As for your comment about chinese children doing well at school <------ what does this have to do with this topic ???

I can't be arsed with you. Look at your username for Christ's sake. That is how you choose to characterise yourself.

Original post by thesabbath
What you mean is that the British State has chosen to prioritise importing third worlders to staff the NHS rather than facilitating the training of the indigenous population.

It's meaningless to use the "Chinese diaspora" as a reason to promote immigration as a good thing, since you have to take the good with the bad. For instance, the Somali population are doing significantly worse than white children, and are not remotely an asset to this country, but because of the anti-white ideology of political correctness, to mention this would be racist, whereas talking about ethnic groups who out-perform whites is encouraged.

That's just nonsense, what do you base that on?

You do have to take the good with the bad. Tough. Immigration doesn't have a perfect formula.

You can also blame the 'native, indigenous' people of this country for creating a climate of fear about right wing views in mainstream media. Immigrants don't control the media.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!
I can't be arsed with you. Look at your username for Christ's sake. That is how you choose to characterise

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is what I am. I am a native Britain and clearly you have a problem with that. That is your problem not mine :smile:
Original post by Celise Waan
So today I had to endure a 30 min conversation while waiting for the bus with a middle aged couple about how leicester is "not safe" and "too multicultural" and how they'd rather things were like when they were growing up.

A conversation sparked by them asking me if they missed their bus.

I don't know. They didn't strike me as racist or bigoted but their comments were slightly disconcerting and made me wonder if all white brits have these thoughts.

Don't worry bout it. It's mostly ignorance, There aren't many thorough bred/pure Brits on this rock anymore anyway.
A lot of people aren't fully British if they check back. What makes them British? The fact they were born in Britain? Well, in that case, I'm betting the majority of the so called "immigrants" were actually born in Britain. They've just been educated in the culture of their forefathers.

Quick Reply

Latest