The Student Room Group

divorce

i am 16 n my parents r splittin up. i heard that u can write a letter to the judge who deals with the court n tell them ur opinion on who u wanna live with.
my mums telln her solicitor that my dad is violent cos he supposedly hit her n she foned the police on him n they arrested him n charged him with common assault but i was a witness n no such thing happened. my mum was actually hiding her guilty conscience because she had cheated on him so she said he was violent.
does that mean i will have to live with my mum cos she is a lying s**t n i feel so sorry for my dad cos hes done nowt wrong
also do my two sisters aged 9 and 13 get to choose or what?? thnx
sorry for the long post i am just so angry :frown:
Reply 1
I think at your age you'd be pretty free to choose who you live with.. not sure about your sisters though.
Reply 2
Well if that did happen then there will be a police record.
Anonymous
i am 16 n my parents r splittin up. i heard that u can write a letter to the judge who deals with the court n tell them ur opinion on who u wanna live with.
my mums telln her solicitor that my dad is violent cos he supposedly hit her n she foned the police on him n they arrested him n charged him with common assault but i was a witness n no such thing happened. my mum was actually hiding her guilty conscience because she had cheated on him so she said he was violent.
does that mean i will have to live with my mum cos she is a lying s**t n i feel so sorry for my dad cos hes done nowt wrong
also do my two sisters aged 9 and 13 get to choose or what?? thnx
sorry for the long post i am just so angry :frown:

My parents divorced when I was 12/13 and I got to choose who I wanted to live with. If you want to live with your dad no one can stop you...just make sure your sisters are free to choose whoever they wish to live with and aren't pressured to choose one specific parent over another.

Latest

Trending

Trending