Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Jennifer_Coyle
I've applied for Oral Health Science and not heard back yet so terrified 😞

Don't worry I don't think anyone has yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by DizzyLizzy3
I'm applying to Glasgow Cally only. I don't want to move away. I'm applying to a dental nursing apprenticeship and a college course as well as backups and I'm terrified ������
Anyone else doing the same?

In applied to Cali edin Dundee and uhi- Everything but Cali is just for interview exoerience Hopefully. I applied two years ago and made the reserve list. I trained as a dental nurse in the in between period as its good to get experience and also gives you good grounding on caries perio basic terminology etc. I can't really remember what they asked last time though beyond the usual why would you choose the course and that sort of thing. I'm hoping having made reserve list first time without experience now that im a nurse I'll receive an offer
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 22
Also if it helps allay anyone's fears they interview in jan and feb and early March then offers come around easter. But I didn't get much notice of interview last time - about a week before. I think people will start receiving invites in next few weeks
Reply 23
Original post by debsc29
Also if it helps allay anyone's fears they interview in jan and feb and early March then offers come around easter. But I didn't get much notice of interview last time - about a week before. I think people will start receiving invites in next few weeks

Oh that's so cool to know. I really wanna
Go Cali. I love glasgow and Scotland itself. I faced the rejection last year and couldn't control myself and locked myself up in my room for a week. I just really wanted to go to Cali and do what I wanted to really do. Just like all of us in this forum. I hope I get better luck this year and hope you get your offer too! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by KiaDee
Oh that's so cool to know. I really wanna
Go Cali. I love glasgow and Scotland itself. I faced the rejection last year and couldn't control myself and locked myself up in my room for a week. I just really wanted to go to Cali and do what I wanted to really do. Just like all of us in this forum. I hope I get better luck this year and hope you get your offer too! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ive also had the rejection before too. But I took comfort from being near the top of the reserve list so couldn't have been far off. I'm hoping now I have exoeriene as a nurse and have applied a couple times ( along with an amazing reference from my boss ) that I will get an offer this time. I'm checking track like a maniac a few times a day even though they email if there's any changes. Did you apply anywhere else ?
Hoping other interviews will be first so I can use them as experience for Cali x
Reply 25
Original post by debsc29
Ive also had the rejection before too. But I took comfort from being near the top of the reserve list so couldn't have been far off. I'm hoping now I have exoeriene as a nurse and have applied a couple times ( along with an amazing reference from my boss ) that I will get an offer this time. I'm checking track like a maniac a few times a day even though they email if there's any changes. Did you apply anywhere else ?
Hoping other interviews will be first so I can use them as experience for Cali x

That sound great. Well done for keeping yourself reluctant to get in after all these years. Ah same I want a few interviews before Cali, I lacked the experience which I complained and said well I'm a student not a DN so I won't have that many but in comparison of student experience I have three years worth of it! But I lacked speaking about it apparently.
I've applied to Dundee, Cali, Portsmouth, Cardiff , Liverpool and Queen Mary London
So I've a few placed but I want to go to Cali! {=
How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by KiaDee
That sound great. Well done for keeping yourself reluctant to get in after all these years. Ah same I want a few interviews before Cali, I lacked the experience which I complained and said well I'm a student not a DN so I won't have that many but in comparison of student experience I have three years worth of it! But I lacked speaking about it apparently.
I've applied to Dundee, Cali, Portsmouth, Cardiff , Liverpool and Queen Mary London
So I've a few placed but I want to go to Cali! {=
How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied to all the scottish ones I wouldn't move down south. So you akready have a degree too? My boss who's a dentist told me because you already have a degree that your at least gauranteed and interview for glasgow and Edinburgh.
Oh im definitly not reluctant to get in Id be over the moon if I got in. Ive been trying for a few years my boss has given me an amazing reference so I hope this is my year. I only really want to go to glasgow - Edinburgh at a push
Reply 27
Original post by debsc29
I applied to all the scottish ones I wouldn't move down south. So you akready have a degree too? My boss who's a dentist told me because you already have a degree that your at least gauranteed and interview for glasgow and Edinburgh.
Oh im definitly not reluctant to get in Id be over the moon if I got in. Ive been trying for a few years my boss has given me an amazing reference so I hope this is my year. I only really want to go to glasgow - Edinburgh at a push

Ah that's kinda cool though. At least your life hasn't gone to a halt like mine has to get in to this. No I just finished my a-levels and on a gap year hoping to get in. Life is just hard lol!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
has anyone else applied that has came straight from school?😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachel1823
has anyone else applied that has came straight from school?😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh I'm applying straight from school☺️
Just received an email for an interview for uhi! I'm so glad it's first because I'll get experience for if I get offered an interview for Cali which is my 1rst option 😊
Reply 31
Just received an email for an interview for uhi! I'm so glad it's first because I'll get experience for if I get offered an interview for Cali which is my 1rst option 😊

congrats! i got offered an interview there too😀 whens yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachel1823
congrats! i got offered an interview there too😀 whens yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats to you too! 22nd of January at 11am how about you☺️?
Reply 33
Congrats to you too! 22nd of January at 11am how about you☺️?

thanks! 22nd of January at 1:40pm!☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
has anyone heard from Dundee at all?
Reply 35
Original post by jendon97
has anyone heard from Dundee at all?

i haven't yet😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Im currently in 6form & applied a month or so ago to Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow & Teeside. Still havnt recieved any offers!
Reply 37
Original post by Kingafy
Im currently in 6form & applied a month or so ago to Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow & Teeside. Still havnt recieved any offers!

Some people have heard from Teesside, but Glasgow and Edinburgh not so much.
Check out the Dental Hygiene and therapy discussion for updates with England's courses x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Original post by KiaDee
Don't worry I don't think anyone has yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ive applied for all scottish institutions- I have heard nothing from any where. But I only submitted my application jusr over a week ago
Reply 39
Original post by Kingafy

It's highly unlikely you'll get an offer without interviewa first. They short list the best applicants, usually about 50 thrm from those that are interviewed they get conditional and unconditional offers or rejections.

Quick Reply

Latest