The Student Room Group

oral health science applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by KiaDee
Yeah hopefully. Haven't tried what??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Someone www asking if we practiced typing out the essay uhi want x
I have an interview for UHI tomorrow anyone have any clue what questions will be asked?
Hi, I have an interview for Oral Health at Edinburgh uni. I am wanting to do dentistry eventually, does anyone know how good Edinburgh is for post grad dentistry or how easy it is to get into that??

Reply 63
Original post by rlcraig1
Hi, I have an interview for Oral Health at Edinburgh uni. I am wanting to do dentistry eventually, does anyone know how good Edinburgh is for post grad dentistry or how easy it is to get into that??

Hi I was just wondering how you found out about your interview was it through track or the my ed portal thing? also when did you find out? because I've applied there and not heard anything :frown:
Reply 64
Original post by phbz123
Hi I was just wondering how you found out about your interview was it through track or the my ed portal thing? also when did you find out? because I've applied there and not heard anything :frown:

I've been offered an interview for Edinburgh too, it hasn't shown up on track it showed up on the my ed portal thing 😊 I got the offer yesterday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Original post by rachel1823
I've been offered an interview for Edinburgh too, it hasn't shown up on track it showed up on the my ed portal thing 😊 I got the offer yesterday

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg thank you did you get an email from them telling you that you had or were you just on checking? I'm so worried incase I've been rejected but fingers crossed something comes through in the next few days☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by phbz123

Hi I got an email to say that my Ed thing had been updated! So I went on there and I had the offer on that rather than through UCAS!

Best of luck to you :smile:
Reply 67
Hi I got an email to say that my Ed thing had been updated! So I went on there and I had the offer on that rather than through UCAS!

Best of luck to you :smile:

Ah thank you! you as well lovely :smile:
Original post by phbz123
Ah thank you! you as well lovely :smile:

Do you have any idea what to prepare for for the interview? I'm clueless and terrified!!
Reply 69
Do you have any idea what to prepare for for the interview? I'm clueless and terrified!!

I had a mock interview with a dentist (my Chemistry teachers wife) at my school which helped a lot to get a feel of what it'd be like. I've been very fortunate with the amount of help I've been given from my school tbh they've been amazing! so yeah just do research about current news in the field, and obviously prepare some answers to why this uni, and why oral health and all that jazz. I'm sure you'll be great! :smile:

I'm gonna be so gutted if I don't get an interview for Edinburgh :frown:
Original post by phbz123
I had a mock interview with a dentist (my Chemistry teachers wife) at my school which helped a lot to get a feel of what it'd be like. I've been very fortunate with the amount of help I've been given from my school tbh they've been amazing! so yeah just do research about current news in the field, and obviously prepare some answers to why this uni, and why oral health and all that jazz. I'm sure you'll be great! :smile:

I'm gonna be so gutted if I don't get an interview for Edinburgh :frown:

That's great!! I've already had 2 dentistry interviews so I'm hoping they're similar to them :smile:

Me too, it looks great!! Would you be living in Edinburgh if you got in?
Reply 71
how did everyone find the UHI interviews?☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
That's great!! I've already had 2 dentistry interviews so I'm hoping they're similar to them :smile:

Me too, it looks great!! Would you be living in Edinburgh if you got in?

Yeahhhh I would be! I'm from Newcastle so it'd be a long commute every day if not! Hahah. Did you say you had an Edinburgh interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by phbz123
Yeahhhh I would be! I'm from Newcastle so it'd be a long commute every day if not! Hahah. Did you say you had an Edinburgh interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a bit of a silly question then hahah! Yeah I did so, I only stay around an hour away from Edinburgh but it's my favourite city id love to live there!!
Reply 74
That's a bit of a silly question then hahah! Yeah I did so, I only stay around an hour away from Edinburgh but it's my favourite city id love to live there!!

The city is amazing! I love it so much and the campus is beautiful too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was really happy with how mine went, a couple of unexpected questions but it was quite laidback and the tutors were really nice. How did you find yours?
Reply 76

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fine but I felt it was ver rushed. They set a ten minute timer when you went in. I think that's really rude and made me feel like they were rushing things along. There was nothing unexpected though
Reply 77
Got an interview for Newcastle!!! Any tips on interview questions?!
Reply 78
Any news people?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79

Quick Reply

Latest