The Student Room Group

oral health science applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chloemx
I'm probably not going to take it as its not what I applied for. Oh I'm so nervous. I have an mmi at birmingham. I didn't have an interview at Portsmouth it was just 'take biomed'

Oh rightt, the mmi is going to be like a one on one interview except more staff will be judging on you. The portsmouth one had stations for eight minutes each and there were a few on manual dexterity alongside a "ethical" situation. Also there was a few testing your motivation, not sure what birmingham will be like but it might be similar.
Original post by Jessio
Oh rightt, the mmi is going to be like a one on one interview except more staff will be judging on you. The portsmouth one had stations for eight minutes each and there were a few on manual dexterity alongside a "ethical" situation. Also there was a few testing your motivation, not sure what birmingham will be like but it might be similar.

Hey how was the portsmouth interview I know you said there were stations for eight minutes each, what happened in the manual dexterity and also how long did it last for? It sounds completely random and scary, I have an interview there and it's my first choice so very nervous haha, thanks for your help :smile:
Anyone have an essex interview tomorrow?
Original post by twister888
Anyone have an essex interview tomorrow?

No mine is on wednesday. Are you ready?
Original post by Piccola
No mine is on wednesday. Are you ready?

nope :frown: what sort of questions do you think they'll ask?
nope :frown: what sort of questions do you think they'll ask?

Well, someone on the other group said that they ask standard questions.
Original post by Piccola
Well, someone on the other group said that they ask standard questions.

what group?
what group?

Dental Hygiene and Therapy discussion :smile:
Original post by shaniecexox
Hey how was the portsmouth interview I know you said there were stations for eight minutes each, what happened in the manual dexterity and also how long did it last for? It sounds completely random and scary, I have an interview there and it's my first choice so very nervous haha, thanks for your help :smile:

Heyy, for one of them I had to use tweezers and place tubes around pins in the time given and and then there was another set of flat tubes to place on top as well. Then there was something using a mirror and drawing a shapeee can't really remember that task but there was a mirror and drawing!! Good luckk for the interview, let us know how it went x
Reply 149
Anyone got an interview for Edinburgh tommorow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachel1823

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me! Don't really know what to expect from the interview :frown:
Original post by rachel1823

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do, it's my second interview so I'm hoping it will go better!
Got rejected from Glasgow Caledonian. Absolutely gutted 😥
Original post by Chloemx

Sorry to hear that! Did you have an interview? How did you find out if you don't mind me asking? As I haven't heard anything yet :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 154
Rejection from Dundee }=

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 155
Original post by Chloemx

Don't worry chick!! Best is still to come

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by phbz123
Sorry to hear that! Did you have an interview? How did you find out if you don't mind me asking? As I haven't heard anything yet :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I had an interview, I found it awful. I don't think it's fair of them to ask the questions that they did. It was supposed to be my insurance choice but now I'm thinking I can't get in anywhere if I couldn't get into Cali.
Original post by Chloemx
Yeah I had an interview, I found it awful. I don't think it's fair of them to ask the questions that they did. It was supposed to be my insurance choice but now I'm thinking I can't get in anywhere if I couldn't get into Cali.

Ah I'm sorry to hear that chick! No don't say that! I got rejected from Newcastle and Edinburgh and got an interview at Cardiff and Teeside! Don't give up yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chloemx

Aw that's awful! I'm sure you'll do better with your other University options 💖 what was it that they asked you?
I still haven't heard from Glasgow and haven't been offered an interview either...

Quick Reply

Latest