The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Kingston or Greenwich university

How is the teaching at both of these university? I like Kingston because of it free language course but I heard teaching is better at Greenwich. Haven't heard much about Kingston teaching, which is making the decision hard. I'm sick and tired of listening to who ranks better, I'm interested in who teachers better?

If you go to either of these university, pls help!
P.s my course is primary education
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
I go to kingston university, not sure is primary teaching is in my campus as there are diff campusses for diff courses and im studying engineering. However, i dont really like kingston although its only been my first month here, teaching tbh isnt that great, and its almost as if im learning everything myselff at home with books and lecture notes. I actually think i might transfer to greenwich on my second year /: not happy with it.. But this is only me. Dont want to change your thoughts about kingston, it does have good parts to it afcoarse :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Reply 2
I am in the exact same boat. But I just found out that through ucas they only accept a bunch of subjets from which I only do 1! I'm wanting to go to kingston coz of the language course but Greenwich is closer !
Reply 3
Original post by ruby__9
I am in the exact same boat. But I just found out that through ucas they only accept a bunch of subjets from which I only do 1! I'm wanting to go to kingston coz of the language course but Greenwich is closer !

The language course is way too competitive, i couldnt find an extra space for myself to enter and learn a language, all languages were full -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HelpMe2
How is the teaching at both of these university? I like Kingston because of it free language course but I heard teaching is better at Greenwich. Haven't heard much about Kingston teaching, which is making the decision hard. I'm sick and tired of listening to who ranks better, I'm interested in who teachers better?

If you go to either of these university, pls help!
P.s my course is primary education

Hi HelpMe2,

I'm a Kingston University English Literature student and although I don't study primary teaching I've had a great experience of the university both inside lectures and out. I even took part in a placement in a school to widen my options after I graduate. For course specific information you can talk to one of my fellow ambassadors Fatema here about her experiences of the degree.

Ultimately the decision rests with you. Look at modules you will study, the area and other opportunities the universities offer. If at all possible go and take a look at the university, could you see yourself living there?

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any more questions.

Chloe :smile:
Student Ambassador
this is my exact predicament. I have recieved offers from both kingston and greenwich to do primary pgce, but i am so torn, any advice would be appreciated!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending