The Student Room Group

Moving sixth form/college in November

Hey guys! So i saw that the last thread about this was in 2011 and so i decided to make a new one! Also mostly because i am currently in a situation where i want to move sixth form and need some advice. Is it too late? Will it affect my chances of getting into university?:biggrin::biggrin:
Moved :smile:
I wouldn't bother moving sixth forms, unless you're moving house or anything serious like that.

If you're taking A Levels, the deadline for changing sixth forms tends to be the end of September, any time after that it is likely you'll be told to be resit the year. Only on exceptional grounds would you be accepted.

If you're doing BTECs or a vocational course, you have a higher chance of being accepted as the course is longer in duration than a single AS or A2 level.
Original post by Iggy Azalea
I wouldn't bother moving sixth forms, unless you're moving house or anything serious like that.

If you're taking A Levels, the deadline for changing sixth forms tends to be the end of September, any time after that it is likely you'll be told to be resit the year. Only on exceptional grounds would you be accepted.

If you're doing BTECs or a vocational course, you have a higher chance of being accepted as the course is longer in duration than a single AS or A2 level.

I see, but Im currently doing the IB diploma for which we do the exams after two years as it is a two year course so would that make a difference do you suppose ? Thanks xx
Reply 4
It's way too late. I got to this point last month and really wanted to leave but the couple of schools I phoned would not accept me even though I had good grades etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending