The Student Room Group

Feeling ****, did crap in a maths exam (Electrical engineering)

I'm a first year Electrical Engineering undergrad student and I have had two maths test worth 2% of the maths module each...

I got an A* at Alevel but I am doing crap at Uni maths...I think it's because I have became complacent towards maths...

feeling stupid...need advice. University is so overwhelming
Reply 1
Original post by roomformore
I'm a first year Electrical Engineering undergrad student and I have had two maths test worth 2% of the maths module each...

I got an A* at Alevel but I am doing crap at Uni maths...I think it's because I have became complacent towards maths...

feeling stupid...need advice. University is so overwhelming

My advice is to use your lecturers, student advisors, peers etc as much as possible. Do not be afraid to ask. Most will in fact love that you are asking as it shows a commitment to their subject. You must be reasonably intelligent to have gotten an A* in Maths, there is no reason why you can't replicate that score at uni. Just keep going, it is always tough at the beginning because the level of difficulty can at times be a shock to someone who is probably used to achieving pretty high.

I annihilated maths at college, went on to study it at uni and failed miserably. For the most part it was down to laziness, but it was also down to a stubbornness to not ask others for help as i always thought i could do it on my own. I was spectacularly wrong :-).
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by kingm
My advice is to use your lecturers, student advisors, peers etc as much as possible. Do not be afraid to ask. Most will in fact love that you are asking as it shows a commitment to their subject. You must be reasonably intelligent to have gotten an A* in Maths, there is no reason why you can't replicate that score at uni. Just keep going, it is always tough at the beginning because the level of difficulty can at times be a shock to someone who is probably used to achieving pretty high.

I annihilated maths at college, went on to study it at uni and failed miserably. For the most part it was down to laziness, but it was also down to a stubbornness to not ask others for help as i always thought i could do it on my own. I was spectacularly wrong :-).

Thanks for the advice. :smile:

I just feel so stupid compared to everyone else :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest