The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
mc4263
my backups are neuroscience and genetics :biggrin:

They were going to be my back-ups for Veterinary Medicine :smile:
I've put down neuroscience. Does it make any difference that one of the neuroscience courses is at the same university (Manchester) as one of my medicine choices? I've just kinda assumed it won't negatively affecgt my chances of being accpeted by Manchester for medicine...
Reply 22
markgg
so if I cant help people medically i wanna help them with my political beliefs!!!!!!!!!!!!

No-one cares about your political beliefs
Reply 23
can we apply to something different like accounting/business/eco with med PS (probably not).
Reply 24
why not?

most unis dont mind accepting ppl with 3 A's cuz it'll prob boost there reputation and stuff - i say go for it!

worst that can happen is u dont get in
Reply 25
_GUESS_
why not?

most unis dont mind accepting ppl with 3 A's cuz it'll prob boost there reputation and stuff - i say go for it!

worst that can happen is u dont get in

hahaha worst that can happen?? thats a litt bit more than worst:P
anyway

my backups are biomed at roehampton and kingston.. both in london =) wohooo
Kingston? :eek: I wouldn't apply there in a million years if it were me. But then again, I live like 5 minutes away by car.
Reply 27
Well I'm applying for 2008 entry but I think my backups would be biology/natural science, I have some sort of odd dream with doing some conservation porject with pandas...yes, I have an odd panda obsession!

Reply 28
is it possible to apply to dentistry as a backup choice without prejudice (i mean no work experience)
Reply 29
Well I don't think other universities will be aware that you have done this, but I'm not sure it's advisable to this simply because with a medicine geared PS and work experience (presumably) then there would be very little chance indeed in getting into dentisty.

I'd advise choosing something along the biological/medicinal sciences route for a back-up as you PS is more likely to reflect that you interested in this sort of thing.

But hey, just my two pennies!

Reply 30
Im thinkin of applyin for physics w/ astro physics or philosophy, u think a med personal statement would do for that?

If not i guess its gna b genetics and neuroscience
Reply 31
Hmm, I wouldn't think so but I don't think it's totally not a possiblity. If you want to have physics in your back up I would have though doing natural sciences might be best. It would be a very suitable choice seeing as your PS would incline that you were interested in all sorts of different sciences (you could probably link physics/philosophy into a good med. PS actually...) and that degree would allow you many different options as to which sciences you do, I know places like Durham where they do Natural Science degrees would allow you to do Philosophy in with other choices too so I'd check out a few Nat. Sci. courses if I were you!

Reply 32
altruist7

my backups are biomed at roehampton and kingston.. both in london =) wohooo

roehampton is really nice, i went round there a few years back and liked it a lot! :smile: Kingston is a bit meh, not really a proper uni is it. Hopefully you won't need to go to either though! :smile:
Reply 33
my backup choice is BSc psychology at UCL and Edinburgh
Reply 34
i've only got one back up choice, just because it was so hard to choose of one never mind many.
leeds: medical biochemistry (with one year in industry me thinks)
My backup is Law at Oxford :biggrin:

You suck if you believe that
Reply 36
biomedical science mine
yup, biomed at Imperial and UCL.
Reply 38
i think i might put optometry and just see what happens
Philosoraptor
My backup is Law at Oxford :biggrin:

You suck if you believe that

well at one point i ACTUALLY did consider putting down natural science (biological) at cambirdge down as my backup!

Latest

Trending

Trending