The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

History @ UCL Applicants

What the title says basically. Has any heard anything as of so far? I've been acknowledged but nothing so far!

Scroll to see replies

well ucl is known to be slightly late to issue their offers so im sure they're coming soon ! Dont worry. Good luck :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
did you get sent the questionnaire?
Reply 3
Original post by jesske
did you get sent the questionnaire?

Hey, yeah I set my questionnaire answer back on monday!
What about you?
Reply 4
Original post by csaxton
Hey, yeah I set my questionnaire answer back on monday!
What about you?

sent mine Wednesday, the day is was due lol. how did you find it?
Reply 5
Original post by jesske
sent mine Wednesday, the day is was due lol. how did you find it?

It was okay in the end! At first was so clueless and didn't know what to write, but think I got there. Wbu?
Is UCL your first choice?
Reply 6
Original post by csaxton
It was okay in the end! At first was so clueless and didn't know what to write, but think I got there. Wbu?
Is UCL your first choice?

yeah I managed to get the hang of it eventually thank god and yeah it is, I'm applying for history with a year abroad! where else did you apply?
Reply 7
Original post by jesske
yeah I managed to get the hang of it eventually thank god and yeah it is, I'm applying for history with a year abroad! where else did you apply?

Ah applying for straight history! UCL is also my first choice :smile:
I also applied Leeds, Newcastle, Exeter and Southampton - what about you???
Reply 8
Original post by csaxton
Ah applying for straight history! UCL is also my first choice :smile:
I also applied Leeds, Newcastle, Exeter and Southampton - what about you???

I also applied Kings, LSE, Edinburgh and UEA, have you heard back from any others yet?
Reply 9
Original post by jesske
I also applied Kings, LSE, Edinburgh and UEA, have you heard back from any others yet?

I have offers from all my choices, so just waiting on UCL! So impatient :frown:
Do you have any other offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by csaxton
I have offers from all my choices, so just waiting on UCL! So impatient :frown:
Do you have any other offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got offers from UEA and Kings, and I think the others take a while in general ( I hope...) what a-levels are you doing btw?
Reply 11
Original post by jesske
Got offers from UEA and Kings, and I think the others take a while in general ( I hope...) what a-levels are you doing btw?

Yeah, hopefully you hear back soon!
I'm studying History, History of Art, English Lit and French :smile:
Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by csaxton
Yeah, hopefully you hear back soon!
I'm studying History, History of Art, English Lit and French :smile:
Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I started some of mine early (took half my GCSEs early so) so I already have German and English Lit and I'm doing Classicl Civilisation (A-Level in a full year) right now as well as History(took them in the weirdest way possible) so kinda similar! I've heard most history courses like you to do a language and English lit so good for us :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by jesske
I started some of mine early (took half my GCSEs early so) so I already have German and English Lit and I'm doing Classicl Civilisation (A-Level in a full year) right now as well as History(took them in the weirdest way possible) so kinda similar! I've heard most history courses like you to do a language and English lit so good for us :smile:

Ahh you are in such a unique position! At least you have less pressure this year with fewer A levels to do!
My school makes us carrying on all 4 subjects to A2 :frown: You are so lucky!!!

Yeah I've heard that aswell, especially UCL as they like a language!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by csaxton
Ahh you are in such a unique position! At least you have less pressure this year with fewer A levels to do!
My school makes us carrying on all 4 subjects to A2 :frown: You are so lucky!!!

Yeah I've heard that aswell, especially UCL as they like a language!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha i guess so, didn't feel like that when doing my first AS in years 11... always thought it was normal because all my school do it lol

How is French for you? Learnt once i finished German its apparently the hardest language a-level haha
Reply 15
Original post by jesske
Haha i guess so, didn't feel like that when doing my first AS in years 11... always thought it was normal because all my school do it lol

How is French for you? Learnt once i finished German its apparently the hardest language a-level haha

French is alright I guess, I mean my mum is half french and my grandparents live there so it should be a breeze, but it's still so much work! I'm good with understanding and pronunciation ect but hate writing :frown:
What about you? Wish I choose German, it's such an interesting language :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by csaxton
French is alright I guess, I mean my mum is half french and my grandparents live there so it should be a breeze, but it's still so much work! I'm good with understanding and pronunciation ect but hate writing :frown:
What about you? Wish I choose German, it's such an interesting language :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah it is interesting but it's very hard grammatically. I'm glad I did it though because it's nice to understand another language, and I REALLY liked doing the cultural stuff as ours was ll about the GDR/East Germany. Mentioning all that history was a lot of my personal statement haha.

What specific parts of History are you interested in btw?
Reply 17
Original post by jesske
yeah it is interesting but it's very hard grammatically. I'm glad I did it though because it's nice to understand another language, and I REALLY liked doing the cultural stuff as ours was ll about the GDR/East Germany. Mentioning all that history was a lot of my personal statement haha.

What specific parts of History are you interested in btw?

I'm interested in history of medicine and treatment - fell in love doing it for GCSE! What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
HI I've just received the questionnaire e-mail, where on earth did you guys start? D:
Reply 19
Original post by csaxton
I'm interested in history of medicine and treatment - fell in love doing it for GCSE! What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really like learning about the history of the eastern bloc and I would really like to learn about the Chinese cultural revolution. right now I'm doing an EPQ about the impact of the Irish immigrants on American society because I really like that, being Irish.

Still haven't heard anything, how about you? (sorry I took so long to reply!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending