The Student Room Group

What's my sexuality? Can I idetify as straight?

I identify as straight but I've been in a 3 year relationship with a girl but it's like ive always liked guys. She presents herself as a guy that's why I have always been attracted to her. I can be attracted to basically anyone who carries themself as if they're a guy. But I don't like the usual female parts like boobs or anything. My gf is like really flat chested and holds her weight mostly like a bigger guy would. but I don't mind like giving oral to my gf or other sexual contact with I enjoy it just as much straight sexual contact. I identify as straight because I'm attracted to masculinity and usually I like guys. What am I? And can I consider myself straight despite my relationship being with someone who is a biological female?
(edited 8 years ago)
Yeah, if you see her as a guy then you could be straight, but more likely, like most girls, you are somewhere inbetween. Probably a Kinsey one or two.
Reply 2
Original post by Mankytoes
Yeah, if you see her as a guy then you could be straight, but more likely, like most girls, you are somewhere inbetween. Probably a Kinsey one or two.

Would that mean I'm straight or not?
Reply 3
Is your gf trans or just a girl who looks like a guy?

I'd say you were straight still but no need to worry about labels :smile:
Original post by Catgirl21
Would that mean I'm straight or not?

Well technically it would make you bisexual, but "straight" is more a social label, it's up to you whether you want to apply it or not. If you look at my thread on the Kinsey Scale-

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2920789

You'll see the poll results showed only 16 out of 67 girls, less than a quarter, considered themselves to only have sexual attraction to men. I would assume many of the 1s and 2s would consider themselves straight.
Reply 5
Original post by matalyst
Is your gf trans or just a girl who looks like a guy?

I'd say you were straight still but no need to worry about labels :smile:

She doesn't go by labels like that. Tbh.
Reply 6
Well technically it would make you bisexual, but "straight" is more a social label, it's up to you whether you want to apply it or not. If you look at my thread on the Kinsey Scale-

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2920789

You'll see the poll results showed only 16 out of 67 girls, less than a quarter, considered themselves to only have sexual attraction to men. I would assume many of the 1s and 2s would consider themselves straight.

Yeah I'm around a 1 or 2 definitely since I don't actually mind kissing girls. It's just I usually don't have a desire to have sex with girls. I have had sex with guys and enjoyed it as much as lesbian sex. Partially I just am like if I end up marrying her idk if I can really still call myself straight.
Yeah I'm around a 1 or 2 definitely since I don't actually mind kissing girls. It's just I usually don't have a desire to have sex with girls. I have had sex with guys and enjoyed it as much as lesbian sex. Partially I just am like if I end up marrying her idk if I can really still call myself straight.

Are you saying you're in a relationship with a woman, but primarily attracted to men? Does your partner know? That must be hard.
Reply 8
Are you saying you're in a relationship with a woman, but primarily attracted to men? Does your partner know? That must be hard.

Yeah I've been in a 3 year relationship with my gf but I'm primarily attracted to men. She knew before we dated that I was straight. I love her and she's the one I want to be with forever so she knows she's the only I want to be with. That's all that really matters.
i get the impression this is troubling you. you don't have to feel like you need a label babe. Do what you feel and be with whoever you want. At the end of the day, we are all human.
You sound like a frying pan to me
Reply 11
Original post by suudsioee
i get the impression this is troubling you. you don't have to feel like you need a label babe. Do what you feel and be with whoever you want. At the end of the day, we are all human.

It's not really concerning to me I just replied back to a PP I forgot to reply to. That's all.
Reply 12
Original post by Ebony19
You sound like a frying pan to me

What do you mean?
What do you mean?
Haha aww sorry, I'm just being silly. People say pansexual about people who're just into everything. That isn't you I was just messing.

Look I really wouldn't worry about your sexuality, you like who you like who gives a **** about the old labels they don't matter.
Reply 14
Original post by Ebony19
Haha aww sorry, I'm just being silly. People say pansexual about people who're just into everything. That isn't you I was just messing.

Look I really wouldn't worry about your sexuality, you like who you like who gives a **** about the old labels they don't matter.

I broke up with my gf. I am actually currently seeing a guy. LIke Isaid I still don't really feel anything ever changed as far who I'm attracted to.
Reply 15
I identify as straight but I've been in a 3 year relationship with a girl but it's like ive always liked guys. She presents herself as a guy that's why I have always been attracted to her. I can be attracted to basically anyone who carries themself as if they're a guy. But I don't like the usual female parts like boobs or anything. My gf is like really flat chested and holds her weight mostly like a bigger guy would. but I don't mind like giving oral to my gf or other sexual contact with I enjoy it just as much straight sexual contact. I identify as straight because I'm attracted to masculinity and usually I like guys. What am I? And can I consider myself straight despite my relationship being with someone who is a biological female?

I think then you would identify as pansexual, just adding a definition for you:

not limited in sexual choice with regard to biological sex, gender, or gender identity.
I don't think the label should be so important to you. Sexuality is always a scale, very few people are either one or the other.
I broke up with my gf. I am actually currently seeing a guy. LIke Isaid I still don't really feel anything ever changed as far who I'm attracted to.

Was your primary attraction to men a reason?

Quick Reply

Latest