The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

What is the 8 week email?

I've applied to LSE and I sent my application yesterday, I see that a lot of people are discussing this 8 week email from LSE? Can someone please explain it to me?
Reply 1
Original post by sallyware
I've applied to LSE and I sent my application yesterday, I see that a lot of people are discussing this 8 week email from LSE? Can someone please explain it to me?

There are two e-mails everyone gets. Usually the first one will be the "8-week-mail", it tells you that they are trying to make a decision regarding your application within 8 weeks.

Then there will be the "2-week-mail". It basically says that your application is under active consideration and that they will contact you within 2 weeks with an update of the process.

That's all I can say, by now. I've got these two and am still waiting for the 2 weeks to be over =)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by Agap
There are two e-mails everyone gets. Usually the first one will be the "8-week-mail", it tells you that they are trying to make a decision regarding your application within 8 weeks.

Then there will be the "2-week-mail". It basically says that your application is under active consideration and that they will contact you within 2 weeks with an update of the process.

That's all I can say, by now. I've got these two and am still waiting for the 2 weeks to be over =)

I've so far only received an acknowledgment email saying they will make a decision within the next twelve weeks, but at the bottom it says I will be in touch within the next two weeks to update you on the progress of your application. Should I be worried that I don't have the '8 week' email?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sallyware
I've so far only received an acknowledgment email saying they will make a decision within the next twelve weeks, but at the bottom it says I will be in touch within the next two weeks to update you on the progress of your application. Should I be worried that I don't have the '8 week' email?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No you shouldn't, they'll send you another email saying two weeks then another saying 8:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Agap

Have you heard anything since then??
Reply 5
Original post by albchris
Have you heard anything since then??

Yes, I got my 8 week mail 3 weeks ago. Still waiting for the decision
Reply 6
I was wondering if the 8 weeks mail comes with LSE ID number?
'cause I have submitted my application on 20th Nov, and I have received some emails from them but none has mention any period of time.
Original post by Rin.T
I was wondering if the 8 weeks mail comes with LSE ID number?
'cause I have submitted my application on 20th Nov, and I have received some emails from them but none has mention any period of time.

For master degree applications, yes! The eight-week email will come with the ID number and how to use the system LSE for U.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by AngelChen
For master degree applications, yes! The eight-week email will come with the ID number and how to use the system LSE for U.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending