The Student Room Group

He called my by his ex-girlfriend's name

I'm not sure whether to be worried about something like this: me & this guy went on a date (first one, although we have hung around each other a lot before) & he told me that he would take me to this restaurant. He said: 'I think you'd love it, [ex's name]'. He immediately corrected himself, & I laughed it off.

Last night, however, we were kissing, very passionately, & he pulled back and said 'Oh, [ex's name]'. Again, he corrected himself & apologised, tried to reassure me that he has no feelings for her anymore, but I do feel quite sleighted.

Apparently I'm quite similar physically to his ex (he told someone that when he first met me I reminded him a bit of her), although completely different in personality. She was his first proper relationship, & they still talk since she's going through some issues at the moment, although it's hard for her because apparently she still loves him.

I don't know what to really think at the moment.
It's weird that he's done it twice, it'd make me feel uncomfortable.
It all depends how much you like him.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I'm not sure whether to be worried about something like this: me & this guy went on a date (first one, although we have hung around each other a lot before) & he told me that he would take me to this restaurant. He said: 'I think you'd love it, [ex's name]'. He immediately corrected himself, & I laughed it off.

Last night, however, we were kissing, very passionately, & he pulled back and said 'Oh, [ex's name]'. Again, he corrected himself & apologised, tried to reassure me that he has no feelings for her anymore, but I do feel quite sleighted.

Apparently I'm quite similar physically to his ex (he told someone that when he first met me I reminded him a bit of her), although completely different in personality. She was his first proper relationship, & they still talk since she's going through some issues at the moment, although it's hard for her because apparently she still loves him.

You've got to tell him how you really feel; if you don't how does he know how you feel.
Reply 3
Just be thankful he didn't say his mum's name instead.
Reply 4
Original post by Arkasia
Just be thankful he didn't say his mum's name instead.

Or your sisters name.
Original post by Anonymous

if you get into a habit of saying someones name over again you are going to say it if you are into a new relationship anyway. Don't worry :smile:
Reply 6
He's still into her. I recommend you dump him before he dumps you :K:
Original post by Flyingaround
if you get into a habit of saying someones name over again you are going to say it if you are into a new relationship anyway. Don't worry :smile:

I'd also agree with this, just a habit of associating datey stuff to his ex but it'll go away and I don't think it means anything

i'd be woried if it continues but whilst this isn't pleasant for you, I don't think he's still emotionally involved with her

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending