The Student Room Group

Convincing reasons why drugs should remain illegal

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by cole-slaw
That's probably selection bias due to the fact that you know where to get drugs and hence you probably know other people who do, too.

I have absolutely no idea where I could buy drugs, and neither does anyone I know. Even if we wanted to take some, we wouldn't be able to.

Whereas if you could just wander into a shop and browse the various different options on the shelves, surely that would be a lot easier?

If you wanted to you would. Anyone with a desire to take drugs sadly can with very little difficulty.Problem is that the inexperienced drug users will often obtain material which is highly suspect with regards to purity and quality
Original post by phaedron
If you wanted to you would. Anyone with a desire to take drugs sadly can with very little difficulty.Problem is that the inexperienced drug users will often obtain material which is highly suspect with regards to purity and quality

What would you recommend I did, put an advert in the newspaper?
Reply 42
Visit a mental home. Many many reasons inside those.
Reply 43
That's probably selection bias due to the fact that you know where to get drugs and hence you probably know other people who do, too.

I have absolutely no idea where I could buy drugs, and neither does anyone I know. Even if we wanted to take some, we wouldn't be able to.

Whereas if you could just wander into a shop and browse the various different options on the shelves, surely that would be a lot easier?

Maybe the selection bias is with you and your friends? If you're socially retarded you probably know other people who are too.
Original post by n00
Maybe the selection bias is with you and your friends? If you're socially retarded you probably know other people who are too.

oh der daybe dat dis dit dur
Reply 45
What would you recommend I did, put an advert in the newspaper?

Even when I was 18 and all my friends were incredibly cloistered and sheltered I knew who to ask. Its not remotely difficult
Even when I was 18 and all my friends were incredibly cloistered and sheltered I knew who to ask. Its not remotely difficult

can you give me a clue? What letter does it start with?
Reply 47
oh der daybe dat dis dit dur

There you go, theres your problem.
Reply 48
It varies. If you go to hospital presenting suicidal ideation and you go home during the wait they have been known to send policemen round to bring you in for your own safety. If you disengage from the support services in place you wont be left to your own devices either.

I didnt mean to suggest that you get locked in a room with no corners until the streaks of grey start to appear in your hair.

Both of those cases are either absconding without letting anyone know, or cutting contact without explanation. Of course they follow up if you were presenting as in severe mental distress and then do that...

That is not what you were talking about, however. Well done for shifting your claim upon realising you were talking *******s.
Original post by heavyhandscott
Are they really happy, or is the drug so empowering that they are not in control of their feelings?

Ah so it's gone from 'you'll never see a happy person on LSD' to 'it's not real happiness because it's a chemical'. Newsflash - all happiness is chemicals, and so is every emotion you feel. Drugs cause the release of those chemicals same as any other pleasurable activity. There's no such thing as fake happiness.

I've gone into hour-long fits of laughter on LSD just from the sheer unaccountable joy of existing. If you ask me that's about as 'pure' as happiness can get.
Reply 50
Original post by Катя
I have yet to meet a person who was genuinely deterred from taking drugs by the fact that they're illegal. Someone else in the thread has already said it, but yeah, even though I live in a tiny, super-Conservative village full of retired couples, I could get hold of any drug I wanted within 5 days max.

Thankfully, that kind of thing isn't really my style, but my point is that as far as I can see, the war of drugs hasn't really helped anyone.

I know quite a lot of people who were deterred due to the illegality.

Posted from TSR Mobile
can you give me a clue? What letter does it start with?

You could literally Google 'how to buy drugs on the internet' right now and have your postman shove a bag of weed through your door in 2 days time.
Reply 52
Original post by Captain Haddock
You could literally Google 'how to buy drugs on the internet' right now and have your postman shove a bag of weed through your door in 2 days time.

Is that true?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I could, but I'd probably get sacked for doing that at work.
Original post by james1211

Could be next day if you're early enough.
Reply 55
All drugs apart from narcotics (Cocaine and Heroin) and methamphetamine should be legalised and regulated. LSD and MDMA for example,personal favourites of mine, cause less deaths and injuries than alcohol and tobacco, which happen to be legal.
Reply 56
Could be next day if you're early enough.

I'm surprised any couriers would accept it. I guess they can't really tell what it is though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Original post by Luka96
All drugs apart from narcotics (Cocaine and Heroin) and methamphetamine should be legalised and regulated. LSD and MDMA for example,personal favourites of mine, cause less deaths and injuries than alcohol and tobacco, which happen to be legal.

Got any links to those figures? Less deaths is a pointless statistic, as far fewer people use those compared to alcohol. Deaths per user makes more sense.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by james1211
Got any links to those figures? Less deaths is a pointless statistic, as far fewer people use those compared to alcohol. Deaths per user makes more sense.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Deaths per user would be zero for LSD. It isn't toxic whatsoever.
Reply 59
Lethal toxicity is a meaningless figure as far as drug legalisation goes. What's important is the toll that drugs take on the body particularly the mind and brain and I deliberately created a duality there.

MDMA taken weekly for an extended period leads to "E tardation" for instance. Dopamine flows into the serotonin vessicles where it destroys them. Depression and cognitive blunting result.
Most dont realise that MDMA can only be safely taken once a month at most.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending