The Student Room Group

Were you ever underestimated by your teachers?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
In AS, my religious studies teacher predicted that I won't get more than E or U in the exam but I ended up with a B. He was obviously surprised when he met him on the first day back of A2. I wanted to say "in your face bitch" but I probably would have got into trouble so I didn't. :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 161
History teacher said he'd be surprised if I obtained higher than a C grade; somehow got 100% ums In the exams and a high b in the coursework getting an A grade overall
Reply 162
they definitely underrated my propensity to be lazy and underachieve
I had a rough time in Year 12, and when we had mock exams I got CCDD, which I was quite upset with (considering I thought I was quite a bright student). And I knew I could do better. Come Results Day, I wound up with AABC, and the B was a high one. My teachers were telling me that I shouldn't apply to the 'good unis' and consider 'LJMU' or 'UCLAN,' and I knew I could do better, so I proved them wrong and now I'm predicted A*AA!
My government predicted grade for GCSE German was so low(the lowest in the class) and I felt like crying. But the good news is that I managed to pull it off and prove my German teacher wrong by getting almost 3 grades higher than my prediction. I got a C (was 3 marks away from a B) I was so happy as I never liked German. Also some people in my German class were predicted higher than me yet they achieved lower grades than me. I was over the moon with myself.:smile:

Edit: I have seen some good stories. They are good for motivation.
(edited 9 years ago)
My careers adviser in school told me I would pass only a small amount of GCSEs and not be able to do A-Levels or go to university because I lack intelligence and I should look at local colleges to do a beauty course. Which is fine, if you're into beauty I guess... I'm not.

Long story short, I'm a Law student now.

SUCK ON THAT MISS WHATEVER YOUR NAME WAS.
Reply 166
Yes. My chemistry teacher predicted me a C at AS but I got an A :biggrin:
Reply 167
During GCSE, I was predicted pretty crap grades, a G, 2 F's and 7 E's. Instead, I came out with 2A*s, 3 A's, 4 B's and 2 C's. They weren't the best results to come out with to be honest, but considering how much my teachers underestimated me and my ability, I was really proud, and I surprised my teachers, as well as myself. One of my biggest shocks, was being predicted a G in Food Tech, and coming out with an A :O, and in Maths, where I was predicted an E, and came out with and A*...

I'm now in my A levels, studying Maths, Physics, Art and Computing. Since my final GCSE grades weren't that great in the end, I was predicted 1 A, 2 C's and a D. In the end, I surprised them again, and came out with straight A's in AS, now I'm studying Maths, art and computing in year 13 :smile: The moral of my academic story, is to not be disheartened at all by predicted grades. They're completely meaningless and rarely show any accuracy, especially for A level. I stuck at my tough time during GCSE, now I'm aspiring to for uni next year. Set your sight high, anything is possible with a lot of hard work! :smile:.
Yep. I was told I will get no higher than a C in double-award Science (GCSE) but came out with an A*
Perhaps these teachers knew what they were doing when they underestimated you. Be honest, if they hadn't would you have worked as hard ?
Quite true but I always disliked that teacher - shoved it in her face in the end.
I was predicted a BC grade for Double Award Science.. ended up getting a double A (AA).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending