The Student Room Group

Advice for an aspiring Financial Analyst

Hey :smile:
Im currently studying Economics as a Sandwich degree which involves a 1-year work placement. Im hoping to become a Financial Analyst, and know I have to take the CFA exam. But I`m not sure how else to prepare myself for the career, there arent any internships focusing on it near me. Any advice?
Hi! I noticed that you haven't received a response to your thread yet. You could have a chat with the National Careers Service - https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/advice/Pages/default.aspx They are very friendly and helpful - I have used them in the past. Best of luck with your career! :smile:
Original post by Econ1906
Hey :smile:
Im currently studying Economics as a Sandwich degree which involves a 1-year work placement. Im hoping to become a Financial Analyst, and know I have to take the CFA exam. But I`m not sure how else to prepare myself for the career, there arent any internships focusing on it near me. Any advice?

You don't have to take the CFA exam. You can and it will help but it is by no means a prerequisite. An ACA/CIMA/ACCA can also be useful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending