The Student Room Group

just crashed

Scroll to see replies

I have a question, you know when I renew my insurance, the premium will increase, do you know if it will increase again the following year?
Reply 41
Original post by daydreamer93
Honestly speaking I didnt see how close he was, because the lamp over the roundabout wasnt working..
and I have a black box in the car so they can check how fast I was going I was going at 20mph straight ahead.

are you a new driver?...Approaching a roundabout in poor conditions and lighting at 20mph for a new driver...you were probably at fault
Original post by H.N.I.C
are you a new driver?...Approaching a roundabout in poor conditions and lighting at 20mph for a new driver...you were probably at fault

yeah I'm a new driver I got my license on 1st october and car 2 weeks ago
Just so youre sure I'm the red one, and yeah I was fully comp, when I told them what happened on the phone, they said it would still be my fault I never admitted it to be my fault, when he was coming down the road I didnt see him signal or even turn way before because the street lamp over the roundabout werent working and at the time it was dark and raining heavily.

Ah.

I thought you were the blue one.

You said he came from your right...?!
Original post by shaymarriott
Ah.

I thought you were the blue one.

You said he came from your right...?!

What I meant by that is that he was in the left hand lane on his side and I was in the left hand lane on my side, he was taking a left 1st exit and I was going straight ahead 2nd exit thats why I said he came from my right because he cut across me
(edited 9 years ago)
Any updates to this?
Original post by Alfissti
Any updates to this?

I swear aviva are a horrendous company, they have such bad customer service, at the moment the claim is processed and they're sending out a garage to come and collect my car so they can see the extent of the damage, say if its written of and also value the car for a settlement.

However the partnering company, a profit organisation called My Policy, said they don't really take into account accidents and they said, my insurance for the next year(on renewal) will stay the same price if I get a good driving score..
They also said if I buy a replacement car for a similar spec within 2 weeks, I will then retain my insurance.
Reply 47
It hurts, but cars are just toys, don't invest too much emotion into them.

Just be thankful no one was badly hurt. Your insurance will compensate the loss, and you can get another car.
Reply 48
Can the OP tell left from right yet?
Original post by JC.
Can the OP tell left from right yet?

lol the irony of that statement, and you don't understand the situation, visibility was really bad the lamp post over the roundabout was obscuring my vision to look ahead, unless my full beam headlights were on there would be no way for me to react in time I saw him with just dipped headlights.
Reply 51
That'll repair.
I bet it'd even have driven home had you reset the fuel pump isolator.
Original post by JC.
That'll repair.
I bet it'd even have driven home had you reset the fuel pump isolator.

They said it would be a write off because its very expensive to replace the airbags.
Original post by blue n white army
lets see if i can get this straight.

Mini-round about - he's coming from the road directly opposite. You go onto the roundabout as you are there first and it seems clear, he then enters the roundabout and cuts across in front of you. Is this correct? from your narrative + illustration tat's what i've interpreted

If the above is true then i think the fault depends on how close the other guy was to the roundabout, was he close enough that you should have given way or was he quite far away and not paying attention and going to fast. Difficult to prove either way so I don't know what the insurance would decide.

irrelevant but... You R'ssssssssssssssssss!!! :biggrin:
Reply 54
They said it would be a write off because its very expensive to replace the airbags.

So buy back the salvage and repair it yourself.
That way you get the money and the car.
Original post by JC.
So buy back the salvage and repair it yourself.
That way you get the money and the car.

Yeah I'll do that but it depends what category it comes under and how much repairs will be.
Original post by Walkaah
irrelevant but... You R'ssssssssssssssssss!!! :biggrin:

eh?
:frown:Crashed on the roundabout it will sound my fault because I crashed into a car coming from the right, my airbags went off and theres some damage at the front of the car, dont know if it will get written off or not.. and dont know whether I'll get points on my license, so depressed right now..

I've only had the car 2 weeks????:confused:

Maybe its cos your a day dreamer 😀. Sorry I had too. Don't feel bad we all make mistakes. You might get points though
Reply 58
It's pretty clear which way you were travelling (as the red car), but what matters here - and this makes all the difference - is to show the direction of travel of the blue car.

You say he came from the right, but the diagram appears you show him coming from the left. Do the arrows show the direction of travel of both parties?
The damage isn't bad. They'll just take the airbags from a scrap car that they're breaking. He did not cut across you though. You drove across him. He had right of way.

You can't use the excuse of you couldn't see. One of the first things you should have been taught whilst learning to drive is: if you cannot see, you slow down or stop completely.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending