The Student Room Group

How do you feel about death and the likely fact that you will die?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Balloon Baboon
Dragons are generally nasty not cheerful! Although, there are exceptions. :biggrin:

Okay, post amended: nice space dragons :biggrin: Personally, I've never met one to judge. :P
Death is what makes it so important to savour life.

I accept the fact that I will die, and it doesn't bother me. All things must end.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheMagicalWizard
if you that bothered about dying, work for 80 years in advanced AI and devote your life to making a perfect replica of youself... Or work in biology for a company with lots of money and crack the duplication of cells without ... the shortening thing between them which is what leads to body failure...

sad thing is I've actually considered this.. haha
Strong copy and paste from the misc

Posted from TSR Mobile
There is only one certainty in life and that is it will end in death. Everything is in a state of decay.

I'm at peace with it as I believe I've got eternity sorted.
Us Penguins don't die , we are actually the reapers of the dead. That is why we live a secluded life, we don't want to spend time with those we will bring over to the afterlife.
Btw the afterlife is actually a giant marshmallow world for everybody!
I'm looking forward to it.
Reply 27
Original post by Joyful_soul
If technology advances enough and we can have artifical organs? :biggrin:

Sure if you replace all cells in your body! :P

Each time a cell divides by mitosis the ends of the chromosomes (the ends are repeated) become slightly shorter. So yeah all your cells will start mutating so that'll be fun :biggrin:
It's weird thinking that it'll happen to me just as it's weird thinking it'll happen to those you know, but it's going to happen one day so why worry about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't like uncertainty very much, so yes, I find the idea of death fairly terrifying. I'm agnostic with no idea of what does happen to us after we die so I think that makes it even scarier.

Saying that I'm more scared of dying at a young age than anything else. I saw a close friend of mine die from a brain tumour aged 13 and it was the realisation that premature death can happen to everyone and how fragile life is that really cemented my fear of death.

I know it's irrational though, bc once you're dead you're dead and you wouldn't know about it, so some would argue what's the point worrying about it now?
I know I haven't been a good Muslim so I will be punished. I don't want to leave my loved ones. I want to live forever and be a part in making the world a better place. I'm terrified of what the hereafter holds for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
cant wait to see my mother , should be good but till then plenty more stuff to do!
Had to go to therapy for it

strong correlation between OP's unemployment and probability of thread obsessing over death :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Freud said if there was no sadness you would not appreciate happiness, no joblessness you wouldn't appreciate a job, no death and you wouldn't know life...
Thinking about it really upsets me, to be honest. Because it's like everything just means nothing. I wish I could believe in an afterlife.
(I don't usually think about it so it's not like I'm in a constant state of depression, but when I do.)
I know I will die at some point in my life. I want to make sure I am 'ready' for that moment and I have no regrets when I breathe the last breath of life. Who knows when that moment will be though? :dontknow: it may be soon or may be in like 70 or so years.

I just want all my loved ones to celebrate the life that I have had instead of mourning.
I'm looking forward to death as the afterlife will be a whole new adventure where there'll be no judgement or eternal torture. It's also a useful tool to make me appreciate every living moment more.
if it means i get some peace and quiet then im all for it lol
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
the likely fact that you will die??!!

It's not likely, it's guaranteed.

How do I feel? There are no words to sum up the terror to be perfectly frank.

Maybe technology and advancements in medicine can save our generation?
I'm not sure whether I'd be joyful or depressed if my chances of attaining death got reduced from "most certainly" to "likely". Immortality's cool and all, but what happens when you want to die but you can't?

Jesting aside, I beat Death at a game of Battleships a few years ago so he owes me a quick and painless exit from this realm.

Quick Reply

Latest