The Student Room Group

English teachers conclusion ****

right i got a b in english ye at as. I was only 10 marks off an A yeah and one of my teachers said she wud probs predict me a B.

now i go today and ask.they go weve decided to predict u the same grade as wat we predicted using the alis tables so thats a d for me. How unfair is that.

My bio and chem ive been predicted 1 above what i got.

The thing is my eng teachers always make **** jokes like 'o we get more money if like we get a higher grade than wat they predict us. They are just playing with my life here really.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Did you ask why? They won't have done it without a reason...
Reply 2
tbh its totally unjustified, becos im 10 marks of an a as it is....
Tell them not to be stupid. Tell them you want a prediction for you based on your AS level work not on your GCSE compared to a national average.

Its the most retarded thing basing it off alis, imagine if yo uwere amazing at english a GCSE and got A* but crap at everything else and got D's. Your alis would be like a U or something for english at A level.
Reply 4
giggsy
tbh its totally unjustified, becos im 10 marks of an a as it is....

Right, but did you actually ask why?
Reply 5
Prdeicted grades dont mean anything, there not even that accurate, they could predict you a D but then you go and prove them wrong and get an A.
yeah dnt stress bout it cos predicted grade dnt mean **** and they give u lower grades to make u work harder to get ure grades up.
Reply 7
afcwill
Prdeicted grades dont mean anything, there not even that accurate, they could predict you a D but then you go and prove them wrong and get an A.

well.. if theyre applying to Uni this year.. it is slightly important :confused:
will someone please explain to me how can we get more money if we get higher grades than our predictions? or this is just a joke :s-smilie:
Reply 9
sarforaz
well.. if theyre applying to Uni this year.. it is slightly important :confused:

nope it isnt. I was predicted E's and D's and the course i wanted was for C's and they still accepted me on the course. There arent the be all and end all. if giggsy was to put his/her AS grade on it, the admin team at the uni would see it and take it into account.
Reply 10
na i want to do pharmacy and ive asked admissions tutor although some say they dont care most do. I mean the fact i was 10 of an A should mean i should be predicted alteast a B. Infact my intention was to ask them to predict me an A before I heard this.
Reply 11
giggsy
na i want to do pharmacy and ive asked admissions tutor although some say they dont care most do. I mean the fact i was 10 of an A should mean i should be predicted alteast a B. Infact my intention was to ask them to predict me an A before I heard this.

if you include that, as ive said, then surely they know you are capable in that subject, they know that predicted grades arent that accurate and so AS grades are worth more.
Reply 12
yer but dont u tink its unfair anyway to predict me a d
Reply 13
giggsy
yer but dont u tink its unfair anyway to predict me a d

yeh too right, even if you are a united fan! :p: this is the point where you prove your teacher wrong, or the alis predictors wrong and get what you know you can achieve, all the best.
Reply 14
thanks afcwill, i will prove them wrong i know that, i will have a 'friendly' chat with them first.
Reply 15
ALIS provides minimum TARGET grades not PREDICTED grades. perhaps your teacher is mixing these up?
Reply 16
well this is what she said,

i asked her : erm have u asked teacher x about what my predicted grade is yet, is there any chance i cud be predicted an A

teacher : weve decided to use the same one as the one before

me: is that the ucas prediction

teacher: yes
Reply 17
giggsy
thanks afcwill, i will prove them wrong i know that, i will have a 'friendly' chat with them first.

let us know the outcome, maybe post it on this thread?
Reply 18
yer definetly, my plan is ask them to change it, then get my parents to phone
Reply 19
giggsy
yer definetly, my plan is ask them to change it, then get my parents to phone

that should work.

Latest

Trending

Trending