The Student Room Group

UCAS Application - "Education" - Redoing Coursework

Hi,

My overall grade for Media Studies (AS) was C (Exam = B, Coursework = E) :| ...anyway, I'm going to be redoing my coursework as I really did mess it up (our Sixth Form really lacked software last year). I was wondering, do I include this grade in the "modules" section of my AS? I don't really want to because it seems so embarrassing as I know I can do better, and I hope to do so when I've redone my coursework. It doesn't suggest that I need to include it (it has no asterisk) but I just wondered if I should?

Thanks! :-)
yes I believe you HAVE to include it, since you have to declare all of your results.
At my school we do, I'm in the same situation that I got Bs in two modules but an E in the third, so I am obviously going to resit the E to help my grade this year.
What I did was for the AS fill it out completely, including the E unfortunately
However when you input the other qualification Media Studies A2 you obviously put the overall grade as pending and then also the 2nd? module that you got the E in also as grade pending :smile: That way the university see you got an E at AS in it but that you are going to be redoing it, i.e hoping to get a better grade :smile:
That's how it is at my school, but I would ask someone at your sixth form - maybe a tutor or referee? just to be sure :smile: there is also another forum on here that asks a similar thing which may help you :smile: it's a sticky post in the section applying to uni and then the application and ucas section. I don't know how to link it but this is the url: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1744719
That way if you have any more issues or questions the op of that thread might help since I used that to check for sure before I sent mine off! haha
Hope it all goes okay :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest